DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Virtual Litchi Mission - What is latest working version?

RedSoxFan42

Reactions
First, let me say the developer of VLM needs to be congratulated. What a great tool
What is the most current working version for Windows 10? I just downloaded V1.0.4 thinking that was the latest.

Question:
I am using the Virtual Litchi Mission v1.0.4 app to run a Litchi flight that I created on the Litchi Mission Hub.
Let's say I set the altitude to 100 feet in my mission before I export as a CSV file and the flight is in an area where there are some mature trees.
If during the virtual flight I am flying over the trees, is it safe to assume that I am ok flying my drone at that altitude?

If not, has anyone figured out the best way to determine what height is necessary if flying over trees can't be avoided?

I have V2.3.0 installed. For me, I get fairly good 3d Google Earth views, so while I'm flying a mission I check the tree height. Still use caution while in the field though.

You can download the latest version always here:
Virtual Litchi Mission

You cant say the height for sure unless you are on site. Depends on the type of tree, ground level and age of GE data

First, let me say the developer of VLM needs to be congratulated. What a great tool
What is the most current working version for Windows 10? I just downloaded V1.0.4 thinking that was the latest.

Question:
I am using the Virtual Litchi Mission v1.0.4 app to run a Litchi flight that I created on the Litchi Mission Hub.
Let's say I set the altitude to 100 feet in my mission before I export as a CSV file and the flight is in an area where there are some mature trees.
If during the virtual flight I am flying over the trees, is it safe to assume that I am ok flying my drone at that altitude?

If not, has anyone figured out the best way to determine what height is necessary if flying over trees can't be avoided?

If you set everything in LVM, as described in the link AcesHigh provided for the latest version, you should be able to readily see the diagnostics in Goggle Earth Pro, which will confirm if you have everything set correctly.

If it is still not clear, by looking at the diagnostics, than test fly the virtual route with camera facing forward along the line of flight, if you have set the altitude too low, you will begin flying through tree tops, towers, or other higher objects.

You do not have to be on site to do these tests and I find if all your settings are initially correct you can easily pre-plan and safely fly the actual flight with confidence. After you are satisfied with the route and altitudes, than go back to the Hub to set up your POI's and fly again to confirm the camera captures what you intended. I sometimes go back to the Hub several times to re-configure camera angles, set focus vs interpolate, speeds, etc., to finally get what I intend to shoot in a safe time parameter.

You're right, the Litchi folks should be given kudo's for such a powerful tool!

I’ve been trying to download the virtual litchi mission viewer. Windows says a “.exe” cannot be previewed. Can anyone tell me how they managed to download the program ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada