DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Visibility Wraps

kcfyrproof

Reactions
Has anyone used a visibility wrap on their Mini and what would you recommend, as these are so small they are difficult to keep in sight even in the best light. Plus my old eyes aren't the best either. Thanks ,, KC

Has anyone used a visibility wrap on their Mini and what would you recommend, as these are so small they are difficult to keep in sight even in the best light. Plus my old eyes aren't the best either. Thanks ,, KC
I have just ordered a sticker kit from ebay for mine to see if it helps. It was under 10 dollars from memory.

I have just ordered a sticker kit from ebay for mine to see if it helps. It was under 10 dollars from memory.
Yeah, I thinkin maybe on the arms and legs and underside. Also a small strobe, between the bottom sensors and the aircraft status indicator, if I can find one that will fit

I just did a neon orange wrap on my MP1. For the first time I did this it came out ok. Most of the wrap is on the topsides and arms. I flew it this morning in bright sunshine so I can’t say how well it helped. It does look cool though.

Attachments

• 7B19F9A0-4BAC-44B2-A174-0923366976A5.jpeg
    7B19F9A0-4BAC-44B2-A174-0923366976A5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • 53D8B1AD-B92E-49DB-8ECC-A6366E255228.jpeg
    53D8B1AD-B92E-49DB-8ECC-A6366E255228.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • F2B5BFFD-3CF5-4A23-B76F-B778AD9919EC.jpeg
    F2B5BFFD-3CF5-4A23-B76F-B778AD9919EC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
  • B933EEEB-DBEA-4486-A5F6-8F26B5833E9A.jpeg
    B933EEEB-DBEA-4486-A5F6-8F26B5833E9A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
I made my own from a piece of reflective sheet. It works reasonably when the drone is low enough to have landscape behind it. When high, and the dronen is a silhouette it doesn't help. I crashed the drone in a tree once and had it not been for the bits of yellow catching my camera flash I'd never have found it!Hi viz.jpeg

I made my own from a piece of reflective sheet. It works reasonably when the drone is low enough to have landscape behind it. When high, and the dronen is a silhouette it doesn't help. I crashed the drone in a tree once and had it not been for the bits of yellow catching my camera flash I'd never have found it!View attachment 107014
nice idea Thumbswayup maybe i ll get rid off the idea to paint my mini with fluorescent paint .....

I made my own from a piece of reflective sheet. It works reasonably when the drone is low enough to have landscape behind it. When high, and the dronen is a silhouette it doesn't help. I crashed the drone in a tree once and had it not been for the bits of yellow catching my camera flash I'd never have found it!

Many people don't understand how this works and you nailed it. At just a few feet away the color becomes insignificant and it becomes a mere silhouette. We use to try coloring our R/C planes with vibrant colors and I even had a Cessna 172 that was totally chrome/mirrored. At a hundred feet away you couldn't determine the color but once in a while you might get a bright "reflection".

The best part about bright/crazy colors and patterns is how they will help if you do actually loss it in vegetation (fields or trees). Those really cool camouflage patterns may not be the best of ideas.

Reactions: scro
I went for this one, it does help a bit when at lower altitude against white/grey cloud but up high or against blue sky, it doesnt really make much difference.

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-16 at 14.22.26.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tornado_33