DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vision sensor calibration

VA Farms

Reactions
I crashed my Mavic pro. After the crash I was able to fly it but the gimbal was not working, it was bent slightly causing it to bind. I replaced the gimbal and wires with a refurbished one from amazon.

I did not notice the forward vision sensor error (left/right and hardware) warnings (10a0000c) until after gimbal was replaced. (I have always had the standard “calibrate for better accuracy” warning displayed) They could have been there after the crash but before gimbal replacement but I had not noticed them? I have checked the forward vision sensor wires and they are snapped securely in place, I cannot see any damage. The lenses are clean and no plastic covers.

I have downloaded DJI assistant, the latest one as far as I know, it’s from their site. I have updated the Mavic Pro firmware.

I have toggled through all the different screen sizes or resolutions. This includes restarting it in between changes. I have used various cables. I have tried two laptops (both windows 10). This is with the micro SD removed from the drone. On one laptop I was able to enter setting to allow unsigned drivers, it didn’t change anything.

The vision sensors on the DJI assistant screen always shows the two green dots. On some resolution sizes it will show a still photo from the bottom sensors, but never from the front. Sometimes for a second, sometimes continually (still, not live feed) but with no dots on the right calibration screen.

In all of my research I cannot find if this is supposed to show the front or the bottom vision sensor image initially? So I’m trying to figure out if this is a vision sensor failure or a computer problem?

It seems to fly fine, but it appears the forward vision sensors are not responding. I can fly forward close to things and it does not appear as if it is going to stop. The bottom sensors respond, although they don’t appear to respond as aggressively as before. I had it RTH and it did and was able to “precision land”.

Any pointers would be appreciated, thank you!

Have you got the on-screen radar charts turned on in DJI Go4, that would confirm if the front optical sensors are working at all ?

I also believe the sensor calibration only works with a 1080p resolution, have your tried hooking up the laptops to a monitor ?

Thank you Iannes!

The on-screen radar charts are on in the setting, but there is nothing displayed, no curved arc, no distance.

I might have access to a different computer/monitor later this week to try different resolution.

So I tried the laptop again, and a desktop that had 1080p. Neither worked. So should I guess I have a bad wire on the optical sensors and replace them, or is it likely the entire board?
Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

I replaced the forward vision sensors, no change. I took the bottom plate off (cooling fins) and checked the connections there and they were all secure.
Additionally I downgraded the firmware to see if updating it caused the error? No change.

I uploaded my flight logs (from iPhone) to airdata to see if it would show me when the hardware error showed up as I flew it right after the crash and never noticed the warning? Apparently those warnings don’t show up in the flight logs? I don’t know if I can upload the Mavic pro black box info from the DJI assistant to tell me more data, I thought I read that they were encrypted? I’m also curious if these records (iPhone logs) should show the firmware version on the flight I crashed?

I’m not sure if I want to throw more money at this guessing the problem as I can still fly it with the sensors not working.

I have a very similar, but different, issue with a Mavic Pro. I receive NO error messages about the Vision Sensors, but they just don't work. I'm going to provide as detailed description as I can. BTW, there are no other issues with this aircraft, just this one.
Symptoms:
Vision icon in the app is RED when on but no props running. Starting props turns icon White, but no Radar showing in the app (either iPad or Android).
When flying, the vision system shows On, but doesn't stop when approaching an object.
Checking the settings shows Vision system setting and Radar setting on, but if I try to turn on the "Tap Fly" setting, it goes on and 3 seconds later, turns itself off.
Trying to calibrate with Assistant 2 continually says "Please Reboot Aircraft" and the calibrate button is greyed out. Rebooting does nothing but frustrate me.
BTW, the monitor resolution on my monitor is 1360x368 and I have no problems calibrating any other drone with this monitor, just this one. And the OS is Windows 10 Latest version.

What I've tried:
Tried re-calibrating the vision system as stated above. No Joy!
Restored Firmware to stock, No Joy!
Refreshed Version 01.04.0500 firmware, No Joy
Dropped to version 01.04.0100 Firmware, no Joy!
Restored Version 01.04.0500 firmware, no Joy!
Replaced the Front Vision Sensors, No Joy!
Replaced the Gimbal Control Board, No Joy!
Replace BOTH cables from the gimbal control board to the Main Core Board, No Joy!

So, before I throw is drone in the river, I thought I'd provide a detailed post here to see if one of the community members could provide an answer. Anxiously awaiting a reply......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redcircle