DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vision sensors error after a crash

veedot

Reactions
Hi guys!

I was flying over the sea and on the way back to the shore I crashed the Mini into the sea - I wanted to fly low because of the wind, but I guess I went just a bit too low. A second of distraction and it was too late... :-(

I recovered the drone after half an hour from ca. 5m depth, rinsed it in fresh water, when I got home I disassembled it and rinsed it again in pure isopropanol, left it do dry in a lab desiccator with silica gel and assembled it the next day. It turned on (!), connected to the remote, the motors and gimbal seemed OK, but the downward vision sensors reported an error. Actually, three errors: codes 180016, 180030, 180031. Is there anything I can do by myself to resolve this? Can this be repaired at all?

Just posted this on the DJI Forum as well.

Thanks for any tips...
Vladan

(btw, when I try to lend the mini on land, when close to the ground the downward sensors kick in and stop the decend before geting into the landing mode - any idea why that didn't happen this time? Because of the water surface?)

Attachments

• mavic mini errors.jpg
    mavic mini errors.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 27
the sensors on the bottom of the drone dont see the water surface there is not enough definition for them to react and prevent landing ,this is mentioned in the manual ,that you should not fly to close to water

Reactions: WooZie
1599581883591.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica