DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vivid colour with air and go4

Happyexpat

Reactions
My friend flies a Mavic Pro and has a setting in Go 4 for vivid colour. I am trying to find the same effect for my Mavic Air with the same version of Go4 but I can’t find the setting. Can somebody tell me if it exists for the Mavic Air and where it is in Go 4

Color correction presets are unfortunately not available for the Mavic Air other than D-cinelike and normal. The Pro however does indeed have multiple color settings to choose from.

Best bet for the Air, shoot in D-Cinelike, the colour correct it to whatever colour settings you like.

For example.....

Untreated, straight out of the cam
MVI_3957.00_04_58_12.Still001.png

Post corrected in Premier (over saturated on purpose for demonstration)
MVI_3957.00_04_58_12.Still002.png

(Footage from my latest VLOG out in Blackpool UK)

You can see the difference, you can make much more from a video shot in a Log format (like D-Cinelike) than you can in 'normal' shooting, I recomend doing it on all the camera's you can (I do it on my EOS's as well)

Hope that helps, if you need a hand, shout, I'll see what I can do to help

Last edited:
Reactions: MrRobville
Tip: Dowload Davinci Resolve. It is a free color grading tool that's quite easy to learn which you can achieve amazing results with.
You may discover that color grading by itself is pretty cool to master as well. No preset filter will beat a proper color grade.
Another advantage is that you still have the original ungraded footage, which you can re-use to create various atmospheres. If you use a color grading preset out of the box, and decide you want a different vibe on the footage afterwards, it will be helI to correct that.

Reactions: charlas
Agreed, Sometimes use Davinci myself, although I've been trying to learn it using Lumetri (Premiere inbuilt) so I have that skill as well :)

Reactions: MrRobville
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada