DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vote for what you would do in my situation!

What would you do?

• Total voters
They were supposed to do that on the current Mavic 4.11 update? 1080 / 60fps. I shoot both stills,and video. The video aspects of the camera are already good enough for most,except the very picky perfectionist.

Last edited:
Sell just one remote, then buy a Mavic that is a drone only to have the complete package again. Used if possible, assuming good condition. Int he end I think you'll be out about half the money.

Then give it a year, sell it all, and buy the next thing that's a true change and upgrade if you feel the need.

Reactions: Soft7
There is only 3 options....
Like my firmware
I will not be limited
I would choice option 4
Contact thunderdrone
And see what is available
You still have your controller
I would wait for a better up grade then the Platinum MP
Meanwhile pickup a between'r
A cheep drone that's been gone through by someone who has a solid reputation for repairs
Fly the snot out of it till a better MP
Comes on the market
.then sell you "between'r"
Or keep it for lake flyovers

Is the camera spec different between the pro and pro platinum or has the the software been tweaked? If the latter would you assume new firmware would address the issue?
Is there any difference between the platinum and standard pro that would suggest Android op will be any more reliable? I imagine not. $100 isn't a lot more to pay for the small "improvements" made over the standard pro, so I would only wait if that waiting time is a few weeks. If it isn't then I wouldn't want to place my order only to have to wait two or three months for the later model

I recently had a battery failure that resulted in losing my drone in a lake. So now I'm at a crossroads. I'm for sure going to get a new drone, just debating which one to get. The problem is I already miss my drone and don't have much patience to wait too long.

Do you think it's worth waiting for the Platinum or just buy the regular Mavic Pro again? It's only a $100 difference for the new technology. Or would you just snag a "like new" Mavic Pro instead and save a little cash?

I must add that I do like to have the freedom to fly where I want and the ability to set certain perimeters.

Since I did not have insurance or DJI refresh I will be selling my 2 remotes and DJI Goggles to help fund this new drone which sucks....but now I'm hooked!
I would go with the mavic pro and buy some platinum props. Save sum money. The 2 or 3 min flight time is nor worth 100 bucks.

I originally voted that you should wait for the Platinum Mavic Pro.
I’d like to recast that vote
If you’re here in the United States, you know that you have Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up at the end of November
You have to wonder what kind of discounts / sales is DJI going to offer on all of its drones?
Especially if DJI doesn’t introduce the new P5 or the Mavic Pro 2 until next Spring, as rumored.

If money isn’t an issue then I’d still wait.
if money is an issue, I’d wait until cyber Monday and look at it either refurbished Mavic pro direct from DJI or what all the big box stores are going to do with offers as discounted bundles here in the United States

I have a feeling you’re gonna see some pretty deep discounts as vendors try to capture more money from the drone buying market of consumers with discretionary funds

With all that being said if you absolutely have to have one now because you need to fly buy a refurbished one
Then turn it around and sell it this Spring when they introduce the new product lines

Good luck

Unless you feel like you really need the parameter adjusting buy a Pro. However, if you want to keep the portability of the Mavic airframe than wait and buy the Platinum (I think the wait is over). You're getting the latest technology improvements (however slight they may be), but likely better firmware and bug fixes too. And, all you accessories will work to boot!

I will be waiting also. For the mavic platinum
Also i think i will wait for a bit after ppl get them. I dont want to make a 1400.00 bad decision

I'm hooked as well, but if I lose mine in the lake, I won't be buying another Mavic. I'm fed up with the gimbal issues (fragility, drift, horizon tilt, etc.) and DJI's horrendous support for Android (still waiting for Quickshots). I'm looking for another company. Hopefully the competition will be better later this year and next.

LP

How do you not have quick shots? Wait, I didn't post this here...if you uninstall the app and reinstall, you should get them.

Give DJI a call. When I crashed my drone in the river, they gave me a discount on a drone only purchase. Worth a try. All you need is that one CSR to help you out.

Give DJI a call. When I crashed my drone in the river, they gave me a discount on a drone only purchase. Worth a try. All you need is that one CSR to help you out.

Thanks for the tip, I did that and they said since I had used Litchi that voids the warranty. I tried 2x to get someone to look at the remote logs as well. No go!

Ahhh...I didn't know that. Yeah as soon as you step off the reservation it's hard to get them back on your side. Are you thinking of getting a drone only replacement?

Ahhh...I didn't know that. Yeah as soon as you step off the reservation it's hard to get them back on your side. Are you thinking of getting a drone only replacement?

I have a refurbished one coming direct from DJI on Tuesday. I also preordered the MPP from Best Buy. That is set to land on my doorstep before Nov 5. I might cancel that order. It might make more sense for me wait for a bigger change like the Mavic Pro 2 this spring/summer.

However, if I hear all the people getting their MPP love it 100x better than the MP, I might just keep that too!

I am sitting here shaking from my drone withdrawals!

Buy the Spark now (keep all of your stuff) and pre-order Platinum. Best of both worlds and you will have something to fly while your waiting for the Platinum to arrive. You only live once, Easy-Peasy!

Oh yeah! Part 2: Buy the Mavic Pro 2, when it comes out!

I recently had a battery failure that resulted in losing my drone in a lake. So now I'm at a crossroads. I'm for sure going to get a new drone, just debating which one to get. The problem is I already miss my drone and don't have much patience to wait too long.

Do you think it's worth waiting for the Platinum or just buy the regular Mavic Pro again? It's only a $100 difference for the new technology. Or would you just snag a "like new" Mavic Pro instead and save a little cash?

I must add that I do like to have the freedom to fly where I want and the ability to set certain perimeters.

Since I did not have insurance or DJI refresh I will be selling my 2 remotes and DJI Goggles to help fund this new drone which sucks....but now I'm hooked!
I'd wait and buy the NEW MAVIC. Did you have insurance on your "lost" Mavic? I bought coverage from State Farm Insurance in the US, the crash would have been 100% covered.

If you want to carry on flying now, then buy a Mavic now... if you are happy to wait, then go Platinum for the extra few minutes of flight.

I'd never randomly buy anyone else's second hand one as it may be being sold for a reason. A DJI refurb would be OK as long as it came with a good discount though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest