DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

VR Goggles

Tried with litchi app and iPhone 6 Plus using the Homido goggles. I wear glasses so it wasn't very enjoyable.
Tried getting the fatshark transformer goggles to plug into my nivida K1 hdmi out but that didn't work. Nivida puts out 1080 and fatshark can only accept 720.
Fatshark asked if I can change tablet output but found I couldn't. Both goggles went back.

I ended up purchasing an Nvidia Sheild K1 so I would have the HDMI needed for using FPV goggles and now I am hearing that using FPV via the shield, you cannot have any head-tracking, even if the goggles have that feature. I want headtracking for the gimbal, so this is really bumming me out.

So far, the FPV options for the Mavic are not really delivering. I want good fit, good resolution, good adjustability for pupil distance and focus, head tracking, the ability to flip the goggles up or have a built-in front facing camera in the goggle so I can switch to see what I would see without the goggles. Considering I have strong astigmatism, being able to wear with glasses would be nice but wow, size would become an issue.

I guess at this point I need to wait around for Dji to finally get their goggles on the market...not that they will be easy to get if it's anything like the Mavic release. ;-)

Reactions: Cali-Mavic
I ended up purchasing an Nvidia Sheild K1 so I would have the HDMI needed for using FPV goggles and now I am hearing that using FPV via the shield, you cannot have any head-tracking, even if the goggles have that feature. I want headtracking for the gimbal, so this is really bumming me out.

So far, the FPV options for the Mavic are not really delivering. I want good fit, good resolution, good adjustability for pupil distance and focus, head tracking, the ability to flip the goggles up or have a built-in front facing camera in the goggle so I can switch to see what I would see without the goggles. Considering I have strong astigmatism, being able to wear with glasses would be nice but wow, size would become an issue.

I guess at this point I need to wait around for Dji to finally get their goggles on the market...not that they will be easy to get if it's anything like the Mavic release. ;-)

3D FPV app with vr google should fit your need.

I want the image beamed inside my head forming a stage view so that I feel like Capt. Picard sitting in the Captain's chair on the command deck of the Enterprise.
Make it so.​

I'm using the Litchi app and the Homido V2 goggles. I don't wear glasses these seem to work with me. I love using them, it's very bright in Arizona and these let me see the scenery very clearly.

Reactions: Cali-Mavic
I'm using the Litchi app and the Homido V2 goggles. I don't wear glasses these seem to work with me. I love using them, it's very bright in Arizona and these let me see the scenery very clearly.

I could go to jail in Canada for using them unless I were a member of the idiot Canadian modelling association and had a trained "observer" by my side to take over if anything went wrong... we're doomed here.

3D FPV app with vr google should fit your need.
Lichti already does export to VR style goggles but I don't want to use my smartphone as my goggle as the apps KILL battery life. Dji totally kills battery life for some reason, even when you don't use the app. Lichti isn't as bad, but still, I need my phone to last more than a few hours per day. I appreciate the suggestion but it isn't one that really works for me...hence the standalone tablet, which now I am not sure was the best choice.

Lichti already does export to VR style goggles but I don't want to use my smartphone as my goggle as the apps KILL battery life. Dji totally kills battery life for some reason, even when you don't use the app. Lichti isn't as bad, but still, I need my phone to last more than a few hours per day. I appreciate the suggestion but it isn't one that really works for me...hence the standalone tablet, which now I am not sure was the best choice.
I know Litchi does that but Litchi does do one of your requirement "have a built-in front facing camera in the goggle so I can switch to see what I would see without the goggles." 3D FPV does it.

Reactions: RedBully
Understand your concern about battery life. But having a head tracking standalone goggle with front facing camera and good resolution is going to cost a lot. Using smartphone with VR goggle is probably the most affordable solution.

*WARNING - N00b question alert!*
I've been reading these VR goggle posts with interest since it seems to solve several issues such as washing out with sunlight...
But how do you work the drone options and such when your phone is slapped in front of your eyes with no way to work the touch screen?
Anyway I have a Samsung Gear VR but I understand the $25 cheapos from Amazon would be a better bet from a hack and whack standpoint.

The first time I came across such videos on YouTube, then I thought about buying a drone. It looks very impressive, but it seems to me that to use VR during the flight, it is necessary to have a very good vestibular)

Skip the VR headsets and get a pair of DJI goggles. No phone to overheat, no screendoor effect, and most of all, no cables!

been down that road. It works, but thats about it. Not pleasant and definitely not as seamless as the goggles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki