DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vuvix Iwear

gixermark

Reactions
Hi all.
Can anyone clear up for me re connection with these goggles to the Mavic Air?

Watched a few vids re use with the spark and encouraged by feedback, I've just ordered a set as they are a give away price at the moment of £99!

I've ordered an s8+ HDMI adapter ....the goggles use this to connect to the phone.

My issue is, if your using the HDMI via a micro usb to connect the goggles to the phone, how do I now connect to the rc to enable control of the drone? Usually this is done via an OTG cable or usb at the bottom .... I'm aware the goggles do have a full size usb next to the HDMI cable .... would you plug this into the rc????

Only other thing I can think is you connect via WiFi but that surely means you can't use the joysticks via the rc!

Confused!

Thanks

First of welcome to MavicPilots! The reason you have seen videos connecting them to the Spark is that the mobile device connects to the RC via WiFi without a physical connection leaving the micro USB port open to connect the goggles.

Reactions: Brojon
Yup. I snagged a pair at $89. There are apps that can cast the screen to a Chromecast. That would likely be your best bet. I was successful doing that - you do have to power the Chromecast with a battery pack since the USB port on the goggles is non-power.
The video is pretty good. I'm wondering if I shoulda got the diversity receiver on the odd chance I decide to do FPV some day.
Now I just need an HDMI module for my P4P...

First of welcome to MavicPilots! The reason you have seen videos connecting them to the Spark is that the mobile device connects to the RC via WiFi without a physical connection leaving the micro USB port open to connect the goggles.
Thanks for the reply and thanks for the welcome.
So, I'm guessing the guy I've been talking to who says he flys his air with these goggles must be just using his phone ( joysticks on the screen ) and not using his rc. Really frustrating that there's no way round this .... guess I'll cancel the order in the morning as I like to fly via the rc ( ex nitro heli pilot! ) and not the screen!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone