DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Walking the Drone

I am going to have to play with the altitude thing. I can't believe that it would not adjust for the altitude in a different location. I fly in a baseball field next to my house (nobody using them now). The field is in a hollow approx. 30 feet lower than the ground around it. If I fly to the outside of the field, like the parking lot, I would hope that the software would tell me the elevation at the location I flew to. Otherwise if I tried to land manually I would crash into the ground because it is not the height which is showing on my RC.

I am going to have to play with the altitude thing. I can't believe that it would not adjust for the altitude in a different location. I fly in a baseball field next to my house (nobody using them now). The field is in a hollow approx. 30 feet lower than the ground around it. If I fly to the outside of the field, like the parking lot, I would hope that the software would tell me the elevation at the location I flew to. Otherwise if I tried to land manually I would crash into the ground because it is not the height which is showing on my RC.
Unfortunately that’s the way it works. No changing it, that I know of. That’s why it’s important to have your drone in sight, so that you can see it landing. Remember one of the rules is to fly within VLOS.

Reactions: Mrveronn
Weather permitting I'm considering walking my MM every night or morning I can to get some extra exercise⚽. I no longer have a ? so why not ? Although I'm sure there are some risks involved, such as RTH

would be back where I started and trees or power lines could be in the way if it returned on it's own due to loss of signal. But on the other hand what's the odds of a weak signal if your within 30 or 40 ft of the drone?
Well, it it gets away from you you'll know where to find it, unlike the dog.

Weather permitting I'm considering walking my MM every night or morning I can to get some extra exercise⚽. I no longer have a ? so why not ? Although I'm sure there are some risks involved, such as RTH

would be back where I started and trees or power lines could be in the way if it returned on it's own due to loss of signal. But on the other hand what's the odds of a weak signal if your within 30 or 40 ft of the drone?

Try the new "lead me" mode.

D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlipPak