DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Walking the Drone

Rchawks

Reactions
Weather permitting I'm considering walking my MM every night or morning I can to get some extra exercise⚽. I no longer have a ? so why not ? Although I'm sure there are some risks involved, such as RTH

would be back where I started and trees or power lines could be in the way if it returned on it's own due to loss of signal. But on the other hand what's the odds of a weak signal if your within 30 or 40 ft of the drone?

Weather permitting I'm considering walking my MM every night or morning I can to get some extra exercise⚽. I no longer have a ? so why not ? Although I'm sure there are some risks involved, such as RTH

would be back where I started and trees or power lines could be in the way if it returned on it's own due to loss of signal. But on the other hand what's the odds of a weak signal if your within 30 or 40 ft of the drone?
With the new app update you now have the choice to custom set the RTH function to HOVER - LAND - RTH. In your case, setting it to HOVER keeps it from flying up into trees.

Reactions: Mrveronn
Hi rscheff.
I’ve attached 3 pictures showing where in the DJI Fly app the new options are located after doing the latest app update.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 907A0C5A-3E6B-491F-891C-49929962C3A0.jpeg
    907A0C5A-3E6B-491F-891C-49929962C3A0.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 40FCE701-1B15-45F2-9EB8-12BFD6671059.jpeg
    40FCE701-1B15-45F2-9EB8-12BFD6671059.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 56DDB16F-156E-4E30-86C5-F3E399FA29EB.jpeg
    56DDB16F-156E-4E30-86C5-F3E399FA29EB.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: TIm Whatles DDS
Thanks, I do not recognize any of those options, either I overlooked them or I don't have the latest update. I will check it out.

I checked, I do not have those options but when I uses the app to check for updates it says I have the latest updates. What program version should I be using?

Hi again rscheff.
if you are using an Apple product then the red circle in thepicture below shows the current version of the Fly app.
Not sure about Android apps.
Hope this helps. Good luck

Attachments

• 7A5AE791-A235-4040-9334-FDAE067B8C25.jpeg
    7A5AE791-A235-4040-9334-FDAE067B8C25.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 42
I am using Android (Samsung S9) And I have downloaded 2 versions of software. I first used DJI Fly because the instructions said to use that program (Version 1.0.6) and when You showed the hover version I thought maybe it is in the program DJI GO4 so I downloaded it (same ver. # 1.0.6) but neither program has the safety version that you have. I haven not flown the drone under the DJI GO4 app yet but they both look exactly the same except for the airport no fly zone warnings. in DJI Fly a warning comes up for a Norwood airport (already got permission) and in the GO4 app a warning comes up for Boston airport. I have sent several questions to DJI about other stuff and I have not received any response. I am assuming it is because of this Corona Virus thing, but the news said that China was off of lockdown status and back to normal, so I don't know why they are not answering.

The GO4 app is not for the mini. DJI Fly app is correct. Enter the menu with the three dots ,go to safety and press update HOME POINT. You can do this in flight and bring the bird to your current location.

Cherokee Dronie. I think he’s looking for the three choices afforded with the latest app update allowing not only RTH but the choice to hover in place or land when connection is lost between the RC and the Drone.

rscheff. Sorry I can’t be of more help, but using only Apple IOS products with my drones, I have no understanding of how the Android products work.
As Cherokee Dronie stated, only the DJI Fly app can be used with the Mavic Mini, so you can delete the Go4 app, unless you’ve got another drone that would use it.

As for contacting DJI with your question, I believe this forum and it’s members can provide you with all the answers you may need and quicker than DJI.

Good luck getting that update sorted out.

He could also just tap the RTH button and it will pause in flight. Same affect as releasing the sticks. It comes in handy to stop a preprogrammed maneuver though.

Reactions: Thomas B
I found out that I can't use the GO 4 app. Does that hover option only work if I lose contact with the drone or does it also work when the battery gets low? It is annoying that you only have 10 seconds before the drone activates the RTH. I do use the RTH button to stop the drone from going 170 feet in the air (my RTH height) when I am only flying in an open field. My app says it is version 1.0.6, does anyone know if that is the most current? When I check for updates it says it is current.

I found out that I can't use the GO 4 app. Does that hover option only work if I lose contact with the drone or does it also work when the battery gets low? It is annoying that you only have 10 seconds before the drone activates the RTH. I do use the RTH button to stop the drone from going 170 feet in the air (my RTH height) when I am only flying in an open field. My app says it is version 1.0.6, does anyone know if that is the most current? When I check for updates it says it is current.
Current is 1.0.8. Mine updates automatically.

I have another question. When my RC shows the altitude of the drone and I then fly to higher ground (lets say 30 feet higher) does it reflect the new height or the home base height? I flew over the roof of my house and the height did not change.

I have another question. When my RC shows the altitude of the drone and I then fly to higher ground (lets say 30 feet higher) does it reflect the new height or the home base height? I flew over the roof of my house and the height did not change.
I think it’s based off the height from the launch point. The height should change from that point.

Reactions: Thomas B
rscheff. Your altitude is definitely based on the elevation above your home point. “0” altitude is where the drone was situated before liftoff.

Cherokee Dronie. I believe you have to select one of the three choices you want when signal is lost before taking off. Once you lose connection with the drone you won’t be able to select the desired option. So whatever the last setting was is what the drone will do.

rscheff. Your altitude is definitely based on the elevation above your home point. “0” altitude is where the drone was situated before liftoff.

Cherokee Dronie. I believe you have to select one of the three choices you want when signal is lost before taking off. Once you lose connection with the drone you won’t be able to select the desired option. So whatever the last setting was is what the drone will do.
Yes sir. You are correct. Thanks

I finally solved the problem of why I did not have the 3 options available when losing contact. I had app version 1.0.6 and this option is in 1.0.8. When I tried to update it was telling me that I had the newest version. I had to delete 1.0.6 and re-install to get the newer version.

Reactions: Cherokee Dronie

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan