DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wanna Be a ROGUE Pilot

Cookedinlh

Reactions
If you think getting a cool YouTube video is worth doing this . . I would hope you don't fall in with these guys. These are not balloon sightings . . . . this is seriously wrong.

upload_2016-12-1_8-17-19.png
Inbox

If you think getting a cool YouTube video is worth doing this . . I would hope you don't fall in with these guys. These are not balloon sightings . . . . this is seriously wrong.

View attachment 1798
Inbox
Some of the worst ghetto neighborhoods on the planet exist right below that flight path. I'd imagine people are creating these incident reports...seems very high.

Serious question, since all "modern" DJI craft are limited to 1600 feet, and DJI holds about 90% of the consumer drone market (excluding toys) can we assume that about half of these are either rogue/intentional P2 & or homebuilt flyers (unlikely?) or merely balloons or plastic bags.
And if about half of these can't be modern drones isn't it likely that significantly more are falsely identified as such as well.

I live within 3 miles from an airfield and regularly see balloons and birds flying well into the aircraft airspace (above 500 feet) daily, I imagine all sorts of pilot reports are made up from conjecture.

Reactions: Cookedinlh
Serious question, since all "modern" DJI craft are limited to 1600 feet, and DJI holds about 90% of the consumer drone market (excluding toys) can we assume that about half of these are either rogue/intentional P2 & or homebuilt flyers (unlikely?) or merely balloons or plastic bags.
And if about half of these can't be modern drones isn't it likely that significantly more are falsely identified as such as well.

I live within 3 miles from an airfield and regularly see balloons and birds flying well into the aircraft airspace (above 500 feet) daily, I imagine all sorts of pilot reports are made up from conjecture.

Have to disagree Runner . . .I've read virtually every near-miss report that pilots and ground crew have logged since Jan 2016 (in Canada) and after reading the descriptions and circumstances around those sightings, I'd suggest that at least 2 out of three are recognizable 4-8 rotor machines in places that they have no business being . . . unless their goal is to bring down an airplane. I'll wager a bet that the first "drone-strike" does not bring down a 747 . . there may even be several before a major disaster happens . . I could be wrong, and the first one that hits a plane takes a hundred lives with it . . . . but that's no reason not to take this seriously.

I see idiots on other forums suggest to newbies that they should fly above clouds and as high as 10000 feet. In fact there is a post on a newly formed phantom 4 pro facebook page showing off photos and videos from far above the FAA limit of 400 feet

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I see idiots on other forums suggest to newbies that they should fly above clouds and as high as 10000 feet. In fact there is a post on a newly formed phantom 4 pro facebook page showing off photos and videos from far above the FAA limit of 400 feet

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
It will continue I'm afraid . . . til long after they put a couple of them in jail for reckless endangerment. I do my best to inform people and suggest it's a selfish and unnecessary risk . . . there is lots of space and creative things to do below 300ft and not on the approach path of an airport runway. If you want to set an altitude record go ask the FAA or Transport Canada or the military to use their restricted airspace for an hour. There are lots of them that are off limits for commercial aircraft. You can probably do it with a little effort and coordination and get some radical video too. . . . never mind . . don't tell anyone . . . I think I'll do it first!

As a new drone flyer i have no intrest in flying over 400 feet ...

Unfortunately the FAA has not taken the action required to deter flagrant violations. Perhaps some of the high visibility bloggers posting on YouTube should be required to post educational videos in lieu of being prosecuted. If education doesn't reduce the number of serious violations the entire industry will suffer, whether you're a hobbyist or Part 107 operator. Without benefit of TCAS, TIS, ADSB or transponders flying in and around airports will result in tragic consequences that will impact us all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000