DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Want to use Dji flight sim but I don't have a compatible remote

mattitech07

Reactions
HI guys, I really wanted to try the dji flight sim, I have a MA2 and I was very disappointed when I found out that my controller isn't compatible with the program. Actually, no consumer drones past the M2P are compatible. It is so disappointing that DJI has made such an useful program and then completely forgot about it. I tried the virtual flight app, but it is just for the avata and FPV and it isn't the type of simulator I was looking for (unless dji updates it with more drones and adds other parameters like battery level).

So, am I forced to buy a compatible controller to use it ? Can I use it with a third party(gaming) controller?

HI guys, I really wanted to try the dji flight sim, I have a MA2 and I was very disappointed when I found out that my controller isn't compatible with the program. Actually, no consumer drones past the M2P are compatible. It is so disappointing that DJI has made such an useful program and then completely forgot about it. I tried the virtual flight app, but it is just for the avata and FPV and it isn't the type of simulator I was looking for (unless dji updates it with more drones and adds other parameters like battery level).

So, am I forced to buy a compatible controller to use it ? Can I use it with a third party(gaming) controller?
I've heard that an xbox controller will work so I borrowed one from a friend and it did but it wasn't fully functional so I went and bought a Mavic Air 1 controller from here in the classifieds for 50 bux I think it was and it worked great. I don't fly a whole lot so I use it to keep my muscle memory.

Reactions: mattitech07
I've heard that an xbox controller will work so I borrowed one from a friend and it did but it wasn't fully functional so I went and bought a Mavic Air 1 controller from here in the classifieds for 50 bux I think it was and it worked great. I don't fly a whole lot so I use it to keep my muscle memory.
Where can I find a supported dji controller for cheap exactly (i wouldn't want to spend more than 50 bucks) ?

I'd keep an eye in the classifieds section in the forum and ebay. What I did was I posted in the classifieds asking if anyone had one that they wanted to sell. I chose the Mavic Air 1 because it seemed to be the cheapest out of all of the compatible controllers.

Yeah the issue is the MA1 rc is so rare now, that the price sellers want is high. 50-60 bucks is a good price though, just keep an eye out on eBay.

Yeah the issue is the MA1 rc is so rare now, that the price sellers want is high. 50-60 bucks is a good price though, just keep an eye out on eBay.
Two ways to look at that. If it's rare it could be most people have moved to newer and just have the stuff laying around and if they could sell it at a low price they would just to get rid of it. Rare doesn't always mean more expensive. It could mean obsolete and not worth much anymore. I met just that person in here when I bought mine.

I also met that same type of person yesterday on Fakebook when I bought an M2P with smart controller for $650. He didn't care about autonomous flights and bought all new Mavic 3's for his fleet for work.
Same reason I'll be listing my MA2 with fly more combo with a lot of accessories and hard case for $600 with less than 15 flighs on it later this week on here. Because I don't need or want it.

If you do get a controller for the purpose, don't bother with the older ones like for the original mavic mini, but rather try to find a deal on the RC-N1 as it can be bound to most of the current drones (and you can buy the mini 3 pro without a controller later)

If you do get a controller for the purpose, don't bother with the older ones like for the original mavic mini, but rather try to find a deal on the RC-N1 as it can be bound to most of the current drones (and you can buy the mini 3 pro without a controller later)
The RC-N1 does not work with the simulator the OP is talking about. He already has the RC-N1 that came with his MA2.

Seriously doesn't work ?
Negative. The list of compatible controllers is on their website. Not listed is Xbox type controllers (which I found works from a search I did on forums) but they do not function 100% with the sim.

Negative. The list of compatible controllers is on their website. Not listed is Xbox type controllers (which I found works from a search I did on forums) but they do not function 100% with the sim.
I have used a mini 1 controller with my PC. It works really well. The setup to get it to recognize the RC was not hard, but also not “plug-and-play.” I needed to follow the tips found on this forum 2 or three years ago. It took maybe 5 minutes. Once on, choose the Mavic air as the drone you’ll fly. Most of the simulator modules work great. They are free. One must pay a fee to use all of the modules.

Reactions: mattitech07
I have used a mini 1 controller with my PC. It works really well. The setup to get it to recognize the RC was not hard, but also not “plug-and-play.” I needed to follow the tips found on this forum 2 or three years ago. It took maybe 5 minutes. Once on, choose the Mavic air as the drone you’ll fly. Most of the simulator modules work great. They are free. One must pay a fee to use all of the modules.
What are those tips? Would this work with the RC-N1?

What are those tips? Would this work with the RC-N1?
From my brief googling, it seems you have to install the DJI Assistant 2 that's compatible with your drone (ie: one that would work with the Air 2S), as it installs usb drivers that matches that controller along with its own installation. I haven't tested that yet though.

Reactions: Tufargon
From my brief googling, it seems you have to install the DJI Assistant 2 that's compatible with your drone (ie: one that would work with the Air 2S), as it installs usb drivers that matches that controller along with its own installation. I haven't tested that yet though.
Do I have to install the usb drivers that match the controller I'm using (RC-N1) or the one I would like to use (one that is compatible in the sim). Also, I tried to plug my controller in assistant and it gets recognized but O can't find an option to install usb drivers.

Isn't that crazy how we spend thousands on there products and they still treat ,me like 2nd class citizen and always trying to upsell something.. As I'm owner of plenty of mini's and MA2's!!!

I had tried that and couldn't get it to work with the RC-N1. I'm pretty tech savvy but I may have missed something. That's why I just bought the Mavic Air 1 controller.

Reactions: karlblessing
Where can I find a supported dji controller for cheap exactly (i wouldn't want to spend more than 50 bucks) ?
I just bought another drone and got the smart controller with it so if you want to buy my Mavic Air 1 controller I'll sell it for $50 (what I paid for it) and i'll pay shipping to you. If you're in the U.S.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga