DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warm Idle batteries

BobDaGoon

Reactions
I finally got to unpacking and I notice that all three of my batteries are warm. I have two batteries at 100% charge and one battery at 75% charge. I know I should of discharge them before traveling-(flying) but I didn't have time. So, details below:

Ambient temp is 68f
Battery one at 100% charge is at 73f,
Battery two at 100% charge is at 80f,
Battery Three at 75% charge is at 80f,

Should I be concern?

Thanks,

They were most likely self discharging, and they will get warm when they do that.... Then you probably pressed the battery button and they stopped the process.

You can change the setting which alters the time to discharge within the DJI GO 4 app. Pressing the button on the battery to show the lights stops the discharge and resets it to the set time interval.

Should be no issues with flying. You will be bringing them in carry on luggage as that is required. This will give flight crew the ability to deal with any issues.

I wonder what thier protocol is for this? Perhaps they have airline issued LIPO bags that will contain one that has become superconductor. If you are very concerned get yourself some LIPO safe bags and put them within the bags.

I finally got to unpacking and I notice that all three of my batteries are warm. I have two batteries at 100% charge and one battery at 75% charge. I know I should of discharge them before traveling-(flying) but I didn't have time. So, details below:

Ambient temp is 68f
Battery one at 100% charge is at 73f,
Battery two at 100% charge is at 80f,
Battery Three at 75% charge is at 80f,

Should I be concern?

Thanks,

How long have then been sat for ? the default discharge time is they start after 10 days unless you have changed this ? and it takes a few days for them to get down to around 30%

How long have then been sat for ? the default discharge time is they start after 10 days unless you have changed this ? and it takes a few days for them to get down to around 30%

Sounds about right, It sat in my camera bag since the 15th. I was unable to fly because of the dense fog and rain.

They were most likely self discharging, and they will get warm when they do that.... Then you probably pressed the battery button and they stopped the process.

Thanks, that makes sense. I was just concern that they were warm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark