DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning alerts-DJI Go 4 .app?

BillyDrone

Reactions
DJI Go app has soo many warning alerts...
How seriously do you Mavic Pro fliers take these alerts?
I have watched YouTube videos of people ignoring a lot of the warning alerts and everything seemed to work out fine with no problems.

Reactions: Droniac
I have watched YouTube videos of people ignoring a lot of the warning alerts and everything seemed to work out fine with no problems.

Take note of alerts at all times. If your in a known area then obviously alerts are going to be repetitious and can be discarded. Many alerts are there as a advisory, some are there as a true warning issue..and should be taken seriously unless you know otherwise. ;) Fly smart and not like some of the YouTubers who pretty much have no clue and shouldn't be flying.

Ask yourself this question: IF you just had your oil changed and hit the highway for a trip and your oil warning light went off 100 miles down the road...would you pull over and check...or would you just keep driving and disregard as "you know" your oil is full? And with that would you rather have a issue with a car or a aircraft that was airborne? :oops:

Take note of alerts at all times. If your in a known area then obviously alerts are going to be repetitious and can be discarded. Many alerts are there as a advisory, some are there as a true warning issue..and should be taken seriously unless you know otherwise. ;) Fly smart and not like some of the YouTubers who pretty much have no clue and shouldn't be flying.

Ask yourself this question: IF you just had your oil changed and hit the highway for a trip and your oil warning light went off 100 miles down the road...would you pull over and check...or would you just keep driving and disregard as "you know" your oil is full? And with that would you rather have a issue with a car or a aircraft that was airborne? :oops:
Thanks Repaid1..
There is just soo many alerts when flying like wind,,,weak signal and stuff like that...It gives me anxiety listening to all those alerts lol.

When you are trying to keep something up in the air(fighting gravity), you need to be aware of the status of the AC, and that does include alot: Battery, compass(es), IMU, Sensors, wind etc. These are what keep your AC in the air. Always wait for the nice Lady to say "Homepoint has been recorded, please chexck it on the map", check your compasses and IMU states (all good solid green), AC responds to small stick inputs as expected, then "Off you go........"

Unlike ground rc stuff. Any issue, and it just sits there, waiting for you to walk over and pick it up.

Aircraft (real, and RC ), something happens, and you may have an "unscheduled dis-assembly"

You will get your "flight flow" down after some time/experience flying these suckers, and the tension will decrease over time, but it will be there, just at a smaller level...

I still get edgy sometimes even after 3 years with this thing called a Mavic Pro.

Just keep it simple until your familiarity grows, and things become " a second nature"

When you are trying to keep something up in the air(fighting gravity), you need to be aware of the status of the AC, and that does include alot: Battery, compass(es), IMU, Sensors, wind etc. These are what keep your AC in the air. Always wait for the nice Lady to say "Homepoint has been recorded, please chexck it on the map", check your compasses and IMU states (all good solid green), AC responds to small stick inputs as expected, then "Off you go........"

Unlike ground rc stuff. Any issue, and it just sits there, waiting for you to walk over and pick it up.

Aircraft (real, and RC ), something happens, and you may have an "unscheduled dis-assembly"

You will get your "flight flow" down after some time/experience flying these suckers, and the tension will decrease over time, but it will be there, just at a smaller level...

I still get edgy sometimes even after 3 years with this thing called a Mavic Pro.

Just keep it simple until your familiarity grows, and things become " a second nature"
Thanks for your reply...Well said.

I sure would pay attention to a weak signal warning. Those tend to be pretty accurate at least for my drones. I pay very close attention to them and either alter my controller antenna position relative to drone or start to head back.
Not a big fan of total disconnection and then hoping for either a working RTH or re connect.

Paul C

all alerts are there to protect the drone and they should not be ignored,as you get more confident in your abilities then you will learn that most of them are based on logarithms ,programmed into the IMU and are a response to the forces being applied to the drone as it flies they are there to inform you ,just the same as remaining battery life ,signal strength, number of sats locked etc

a big thank you to @Camino Ken for pointing out my mistake ( should have been algorithms not logarithms)

Well you would really not like the DJI Pilot app with the ADS-B alerts. ;)

Discard alerts at your peril.... avoid flyaways and forced landings.

Alert warnings are not for nothing.

all alerts are there to protect the drone and they should not be ignored,as you get more confident in your abilities then you will learn that most of them are based on logarithms ,programmed into the IMU and are a response to the forces being applied to the drone as it flies they are there to inform you ,just the same as remaining battery life ,signal strength, number of sats locked etc
Logarithms? What number base? Base 10? Base 2? Or natural log?

Logarithms? What number base? Base 10? Base 2? Or natural log?
you will have to ask the programmers at DJI for the answer to that question

I think you meant algorithms not logarithms.
i think you are correct my bad sorry ,thanks for pointing out my mistake ,at my age the brain and fingers dont always work as one ,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett