DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning message

WARRIK

Reactions
Flying yesterday at a spot that I had already checked out I got a message on the DJI app that said "Your aircraft has entered a warning area...Please fly with caution" I had checked Kittyhawk and Airmap before flying and both were green...I was at 47ft AGL...I later moved to a new location where I knew I would need a LAANC which I obtained and was good to 200ft...No messages period even when I approached the 200ft mark...Any ideas on why I got that message? I have to fly there again and want to be sure...Thanks to all who respond.

Why did you need approval via LAANC to fly in the second location?

DJI's Geomap and the FAA limitations are two different things. The FAA restrictions are far greater. So even though the FAA may limit your flight, the DJI Go app may not.

Without knowing he location, there is really no way of knowing what was going on.

Second location was outside edge of class C...first location was a small town in rural setting with no activity to speak of

Why did you need approval via LAANC to fly in the second location?

DJI's Geomap and the FAA limitations are two different things. The FAA restrictions are far greater. So even though the FAA may limit your flight, the DJI Go app may not.

Without knowing he location, there is really no way of knowing what was going on.
Generally the DJI GeoZones are more restrictive but you are correct there there can sometimes be areas that are controlled but not in the GeoZobe system but they are becoming rare

Reactions: charliesRig
Generally the DJI GeoZones are more restrictive but you are correct there there can sometimes be areas that are controlled but not in the GeoZobe system but they are becoming rare
I think DJI's GeoMap is less restrictive. That is, in the areas that it prevents flight. This is generally within a mile of a larger airport and NFZ, such as prisons and military locations.

Being it was rural, was there a county jail or a farmers grass runway near by by chance?

When did geoomap restrictions come into place?
Are they a consequence of signing in to GO, or of Firmware.
Ive never heard of them

I thought of a farmers landing strip but I am not aware of any...I see them sometimes on Airmap...I flew the same location last night with no warning or message...

I always check Airmap / Kitty Hawk for flight restrictions but then check the DJI geofence map on the web before going to a new location. DJI's geofencing is usually less restrictive than FAA regulations but not always. Note that their map on the internet does not have a complete listing of all their warning zones. To see those, unfortunately you have to look on the GO4 app when connected to your drone. But warning zones are exactly that, you just need to read the warning and then agree you understand the concern by clicking yes and you can fly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silfumus