DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning: New Litchi beta on Android messes with FCC mode

Pete248

Reactions
... so far Litchi on Android didn’t mess with FCC mode set via fake GPS. It didn‘t even ask you to switch.
For me the beta switched silently to CE mode on connection. Tried it twice. This is the same behavior it already is on iOS.

So if you are on Android, use FCC via fake GPS and use Litchi, you probably should stick with the current version of Litchi and don‘t upgrade, when the beta gets released - unless things change in the release version.

The cause of that behavior is DJI's SDK which affects all 3rd party apps like Litchi or Autopilot when using the Mavic AIR. It 'silently' switches to the region where the aircraft location is.
So, being in the U.S., a Mavic AIR switches (or stays) in FCC mode.
Whereas the same aircraft is somewhere in Europe, the SDK switches to EC mode regardless what you 'tweaked' before.

Reactions: Trees138
The cause of that behavior is DJI's SDK which affects all 3rd party apps like Litchi or Autopilot when using the Mavic AIR. It 'silently' switches to the region where the aircraft location is.
So, being in the U.S., a Mavic AIR switches (or stays) in FCC mode.
Whereas the same aircraft is somewhere in Europe, the SDK switches to EC mode regardless what you 'tweaked' before.

Yes it’s all in the SDK, but DJI go4 still asks for switch but Litchi don’t.

does the final Litchi has ben released ? it stays that way or it start askinign about mode switch ?

Can confirm this with DroneDeploy as well, which is quite annoying since I found that DJI Go 4.3.0 doesn't let restore the FCC 'hack' if the drone receives GPS, making it a pain to switch back in the field. I hope DJI doesn't stop asking in the official app!

Can confirm this with DroneDeploy as well, which is quite annoying since I found that DJI Go 4.3.0 doesn't let restore the FCC 'hack' if the drone receives GPS, making it a pain to switch back in the field. I hope DJI doesn't stop asking in the official app!

4.3.3 iOS still asks

4.3.0 on Android still asking

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+