DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

warning signal

rwmats

Reactions
When flying my mavic from my boat i have been getting a poor signal warning i am not far from the drone at all and there is no objects in the way... Nothing ever happens and it flies fine, I'm assuming the worst that could happen is it loses signal, what should i do if i lose signal?

Make sure your "return to home" is set for the location of the RC, not the location of take off. I've heard of guys drifting on a boat that had their RTH set at the point of take off. Too bad the boat wasn't there anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Make sure your "return to home" is set for the location of the RC, not the location of take off. I've heard of guys drifting on a boat that had their RTH set at the point of take off. Too bad the boat wasn't there anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yea that is smart! i will do that but how? i am in the main controller settings - advance settings - then to the bottom and i see controller signal lost - and it gives me Return home, landing, and hover....

Hover might be a good option too, because if it returns to the last known location of the RC that's just using your phone's GPS which might not be accurate enough for it to land on your boat, or your boat may have drifted since the disconnection occurred. If it hovers maybe you could move the boat below it and try to reestablish the connection, or worst case wait for the battery to run out when it will auto land where it is, so try to be right below it when that happens.

iPhone 6S

After taking off, you can manually reset the home point in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Home-Point-Settings.png

The icon on the left will set the home point to the Mavic's current location. The icon on the right will set the home point to your mobile device's current location. The latter can only be used if your mobile device has a GPS receiver. Since this is a manual process, you'll need to keep resetting the home point each time you move your boat to a new location.

Another option would be to tell the Mavic to hover in place at its current location if the remote controller signal is lost. You could then steer your boat toward the Mavic until the remote controller reconnects. That can be configured here:

DJI-GO-RC-Signal-Lost.jpg

After taking off, you can manually reset the home point in the following section of DJI GO:

View attachment 3237

The icon on the left will set the home point to the Mavic's current location. The icon on the right will set the home point to your mobile device's current location. The latter can only be used if your mobile device has a GPS receiver. Since this is a manual process, you'll need to keep resetting the home point each time you move your boat to a new location.

Another option would be to tell the Mavic to hover in place at its current location if the remote controller signal is lost. You could then steer your boat toward the Mavic until the remote controller reconnects. That can be configured here:

View attachment 3238

Awesome thanks!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife