DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning Weak signal, adjust antenna to avoid signal block

Mavicman1991

Reactions
So I was out flying my drone today. I I keep getting Warning Weak signal, adjust antenna to avoid signal block when I was only 1800 day away as the first pics shows. Then in the second pics I was 5000ft away and never got the signal. In the first picture the drone was to the right of me. I was standing on my deck where I took off from. The second pics the drone was straight out in front of me. I live in a fairly large apartment complex. Why would I get this warning when the drone is to the left of me and at a closer range but never get it when it’s a mile away but straight ahead of me?

Attachments

• FB83798D-60AC-497C-89E8-800937A589CD.png
    FB83798D-60AC-497C-89E8-800937A589CD.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • 58EC3593-5248-4AAC-8C20-A875724B19D0.jpeg
    58EC3593-5248-4AAC-8C20-A875724B19D0.jpeg
    857.2 KB · Views: 39
I will start with the obvious, and try not to insult your abilities, but were the RC antennas unfolded parallel to each other with the flat side facing the M2? Now that that is out of the way, you mention flying from a large apartment complex with the weak signal close to the right. The M2 uses OcuSync 2.0 which should be an improvement over the original yet it is new. There may be some strong WiFi interference to the right that is not present straight out that affects it. I seriously doubt if this is the problem but it is a new format and I would be surprised if there were no bugs in it. There may already be a firmware update that addresses this.

I will start with the obvious, and try not to insult your abilities, but were the RC antennas unfolded parallel to each other with the flat side facing the M2? Now that that is out of the way, you mention flying from a large apartment complex with the weak signal close to the right. The M2 uses OcuSync 2.0 which should be an improvement over the original yet it is new. There may be some strong WiFi interference to the right that is not present straight out that affects it. I seriously doubt if this is the problem but it is a new format and I would be surprised if there were no bugs in it. There may already be a firmware update that addresses this.
Yes there were unfolded and facing the drone. When it lost signal I was facing the building and it was out to my right over the apartment complex with a school to its right and a gas station to its left. When I was out in front of me a mile away it was all open farm land.

This might just be a case of the apartment building blocking part or most of the signal. Electrical wiring can also affect strength. Trees can block a lot of signal also. From my house I can go twice a far to the SE than to the NW due to trees and power lines.

This might just be a case of the apartment building blocking part or most of the signal. Electrical wiring can also affect strength. Trees can block a lot of signal also. From my house I can go twice a far to the SE than to the NW due to trees and power lines.
I was thinking that or maybe all the WiFi router in the complex. They is over 100 apartments there and everyone has WiFi this day in time.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALEXANDRE MARAN GREGOLIN