DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warranty if using Litchi app.

Mavic 57

Reactions
Is the Mavic warranty from DJI void if using an app other than the official GO 4 app by DJI ? Interested to try the Lichi app, but don't want to end up affecting my DJI CARE REFRESH. Any pointers greatfully received. I have flown over 100 flights and 100kms without mishap.

It's not automatically void. DJI makes the SDK available to outside developers specifically so they can make 3rd party apps. If DJI were able to show that the app and the app alone caused the crash they might not honor warranty repairs. I'd say that is highly unlikely though.

For me the Litchi app works where the DJI G0 4 app does not. Using my LG V20. Really do wish that DJI can get their app to work... just do not trust it though...

I find it disappointing that after spending money on a Mavic and associated bits including a (not supported) Nvidia Shield just for flying, that DJI Go4 crashes every 5 minutes. Now then how can Litchi write an app for any android device that does not crash during a flight, but DJI have 'supported devices' and concentrate efforts on their IOS app.

For me I normally fly manually and land in good time before the battery is at 20%, I let Litchi auto land on low battery yesterday without issue. However when I review my logs the Go4 app appears to create a new home point once the app is restarted and the drone may be 200m away from the real home point.

I short I would love to use the Go4 app most of the time but just cant trust it!

I agree with the comments above regarding warranty / refresh, I could easily crash land with the current Go4 app using RTH.

It's not automatically void. DJI makes the SDK available to outside developers specifically so they can make 3rd party apps. If DJI were able to show that the app and the app alone caused the crash they might not honor warranty repairs. I'd say that is highly unlikely though.

DJI Go logs are more complete than Litchi ones, including information about ESC, sensors, etc. If DJI can't determine the cause of a loss because of a lack of information, they will deny their warranty...
The question is why Litchi can't give the same information than DJI Go as Litchi use DJI SDK?

DJI Go logs are more complete than Litchi ones, including information about ESC, sensors, etc. If DJI can't determine the cause of a loss because of a lack of information, they will deny their warranty...
The question is why Litchi can't give the same information than DJI Go as Litchi use DJI SDK?

DJI uses the flight logs saved on the Mavic itself.

With my Nvidia sheild k after starting the go app I fined litchi will not work because the usb then becomes dedicated to the go app. I have not found the setting to change this.

With my Nvidia sheild k after starting the go app I fined litchi will not work because the usb then becomes dedicated to the go app. I have not found the setting to change this.

This is because the Go app is still running. You need to bring up all apps and shut down the Go app from memory. Same the other way around as well.

You have to go into the DJI Go app and change the default settings. Then when you start the Mavic you should be able to either start either app, but make sure you un-check the box that sets the app you pick either the DJI Go or the Litchi app as a default. Hopefully this makes sense.

No such settings found on the Invidia shield k. The only way I can get it to work is to remove the dji go app so I did

No such settings found on the Invidia shield k. The only way I can get it to work is to remove the dji go app so I did

It's actually not in the DJI GO settings within the app, it's in the device settings. If you go into your android settings, then go into Apps, then scroll down and find DJI GO 4, click it, click the "Open by default", and then "Clear defaults".

Im confused how people can say they dont trust the dji go4 app... are they referring to android only cuz i run iphone 6s+ and have never had an issue in around 200 flights since i got it 5months ago. I bought litchi app on day 1 but to this day i never tried it yet cuz im afraid it will cause an issue and ill be screwed out of my warranty/refresh etc. i have no reason to be other than reading scary litchi reviews/stories ofcourse

I really want to try the vr goggle mode... thats the reason i bought litchi other than waypoint functionality

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech