DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warranty Issues

pmshop

Reactions
How many times have you sent in your Mavic Air on warranty issues since you had it?
I have no idea why I collected lens covers but here is my collection between 2 Mavic Air since March 23, 2019

9 if you count the two DOA batteries on receipt of each Mavic Air.
20191205_005439258_iOS.jpg

I'v luckily only had to send in my original controller due to a charging port issue. DJI just sent me a new one. Question though, are all of the gimbal protectors from aircraft having warentee issues? If that's the case you have the worst luck of anyone in history with regards to drones. I think I would have asked for my money back after the third dud. Best of luck getting resolution to your issues.
How many times have you sent in your Mavic Air on warranty issues since you had it?
I have no idea why I collected lens covers but here is my collection between 2 Mavic Air since March 23, 2019

9 if you count the two DOA batteries on receipt of each Mavic Air.
View attachment 87277

None, never had any issue with my Air. One year now and going strong

Question though, are all of the gimbal protectors from aircraft having warentee issues?

that is correct.
no idea why i collected them but yes, between two Mavic aircraft, 7 warranty returns.
9 if you count the two DOA batteries.

One other question, how has your experience been with DJI in dealing with all of the warentee claims. I had a similar situation with a different manufacturer. Up until my third claim they were great about honoring claims. As long as I provided all information requested and flight data from the drone. After that was a different story, and way to much to go into. I ended up selling it for very close to what I paid for it.
that is correct.
no idea why i collected them but yes, between two Mavic aircraft, 7 warranty returns.
9 if you count the two DOA batteries.

Reactions: pmshop
One other question, how has your experience been with DJI in dealing with all of the warentee claims. I had a similar situation with a different manufacturer. Up until my third claim they were great about honoring claims. As long as I provided all information requested and flight data from the drone. After that was a different story, and way to much to go into. I ended up selling it for very close to what I paid for it.

They have really been trying to make things right.
But they had my second Mavic Air for almost a month declaring no fault found and was ready to ship it back to me.
Well there were 3 issues and they just declared one issue no fault found.
Seems no one read the ticket so after a manager called me from China, they had it for another 2 weeks.

They even sent me a new Mvic Air in retail packaging for all the issues with the first one I bought.
Extra battery, extra controller, extra everything.
However, it is going back Monday because the cooling fan makes noises as you tilt it from side to side as if it does not have bushings on the motor axis/ fan blades hitting the housing.
Again, that is the new one they sent me.

Like I said, all 9 issues have been covered by warranty.

I had a similar experience when I sent my controller back. It had an issue with the charging/device connection port. Maybe a loose solder point or something similar. At any rate DJI at first tried charging me for repairs and shipping. I hadn't even had the drone a month. I called them to ask exactly why it wasn't a warentee issue. They escalated the issue and emailed me the next day to let my know that it was indeed a warentee issue and there would be no charge. Other than that one small issue my Mavic Air has preformed great. I sincerely hope you get your issues sorted soon. If it's any consultation, I'm currently dealing with Powervision on a multitude of issues with one of their Poweregg drones, so I know what it's like. Best of luck to you.
They have really been trying to make things right.
But they had my second Mavic Air for almost a month declaring no fault found and was ready to ship it back to me.
Well there were 3 issues and they just declared one issue no fault found.
Seems no one read the ticket so after a manager called me from China, they had it for another 2 weeks.

They even sent me a new Mvic Air in retail packaging for all the issues with the first one I bought.
Extra battery, extra controller, extra everything.
However, it is going back Monday because the cooling fan makes noises as you tilt it from side to side as if it does not have bushings on the motor axis/ fan blades hitting the housing.
Again, that is the new one they sent me.

Like I said, all 9 issues have been covered by warranty.

WOW! I guess I must have missed some lens covers because I sent an email to DJI corporate about the repair issues. While researching the CAS numbers, I discovered the two times I sent the Mavi Air in for service in October was missing - using the auto fill on the check status site.

One of them was the authorization for them to send me a retail boxed Mavic Air standard package.

So my total, including that same package I just mentioned is in the shop for a noisy cooling fan...
11 warranty repairs in 8 months between two Mavic Air.

At wits end.
Sent in the retail box replacement because of a noisy fan last week.
Got it yesterday, different unit and guess what?
I got a replacement with a noisy fan.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

WOW!!! I bet you are. I'm in a similar situation with Powervision, and I'm about to loose my inner peace. It begs the question, aren't all units tested before leaving the factory? I cant think of a single product (except maybe a shovel) that doesn't go through at least a cursory quality inspection. I wish I could offer some kind of advice on what to do. I hope it all gets worked out soon for you. Have a great holiday.

WOW!!! I bet you are. I'm in a similar situation with Powervision, and I'm about to loose my inner peace. It begs the question, aren't all units tested before leaving the factory? I cant think of a single product (except maybe a shovel) that doesn't go through at least a cursory quality inspection. I wish I could offer some kind of advice on what to do. I hope it all gets worked out soon for you. Have a great holiday.

It is beginning to be normal hat for me.
Guess I was meant to be a smaller pilot.
But, that $1300 is Mavic 2 Pro is tempting :D

That shouldn't be normal hat for anyone from any company. I'm wondering given the number of replacements you've received, why isn't DJI throughly checking the replacement before they send it to you? One would think after all you've gone through they could at least do that.

That shouldn't be normal hat for anyone from any company. I'm wondering given the number of replacements you've received, why isn't DJI throughly checking the replacement before they send it to you? One would think after all you've gone through they could at least do that.

You got a bullseye pinning the tail on the donkey!
One would think...

Wow. I kniw you fly a lot. How many hours are you seeing before problems surface? And besides the fan what were the problems?

Wow. I kniw you fly a lot. How many hours are you seeing before problems surface? And besides the fan what were the problems?

The fan was the only problem in this case.
And it was right out of the box, during activation I heard the same fan issue.
Then mostly when I moved, rolled/ pitched the Mavic Air in my hand.

Most of these issues are continuance of the same issue.
Most I have seen of the same issue is the gimbal not holding the horizon even after a 0/0 recalibration on a level surface.

But the other replacements. What for?

But the other replacements. What for?

Stuck (hot) pixels when recording pictures/ video - 2 trips for this.
Remote disconnecting without warning
YAW without input - 2 trips for this
Previously mentioned gimbal not holding the horizon - 2 trips for this
Downward sensors not "seeing" the ground...would hit the ground if i didn't pull up
motors shut off while landing 1ft above the ground.
and when I got the original flymore package, one battery DOA as well as when i got the original standard package, only battery DOA

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes