DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warranty or DJI care refresh?

mellow65

Reactions
So I just got my mavic and quite frankly I have been unimpressed with the camera since day one. Both pictures and video seem to need a lot of work to make them look ok, and even then I'm still not impressed with the quality of the images or video.

It seems that most everyone seems to have nothing but good things to say about the camera, so I'm starting to think maybe my camera is no good.

So I have the DJI care refresh, and clearly I'm still in the warranty, is something like a camera issues something you would use the care refresh for, or do I have to go through the hoops of using the warranty?

I have seen many people seem to have issues, or drawn out return times when using the warranty, but with the DJI care refresh, they seem to put a priority on things. Also with care refresh it's free shipping both ways.

Thoughts? It's a great flying drone otherwise, it never been landed hard or crashed or anything. It's as clean and pretty as it was the day I took it out of the box.

Can you post some pictures and/or Youtube videos and then tell us what you think is wrong with them? Is this your first DJI drone? Do you have anything to compare picture quality to? The Mav camera is not the best cam overall, but it meet most peoples needs in a consumer drone.

Most peoples complaints that led them to file a warranty claim for picture quality have been jello effect, blurring on the side of the image or tilted horizon.

I'll get something up later today.

I've owned a P3S, a P3P, and a P4. The P3 s were more just playing around and not having any clue what I'm doing (not that I really know what I'm doing now) so I always left them all on auto and just flew them for fun, and all the videos and pictures seemed to turn out really good.

When I got the P4 I started playing with raw images and other settings. Raw pictures out of the P4 were amazing, like zero touch up and I got some awesome pictures. The video seemed to be on par with with what I was getting with the P3P, which I was happy with, so I had no complaints about it.

The mavic just seems so temperamental on what can maybe look good and what looks like crap. I have watched so many, I mean soooo many videos on what settings are "perfect". They all look like crap compared to my old P3P.

Over all on the normal setting everything is over saturated. I've turned down the saturation down to -3 and it's starting to look normal.

I've played with Dlog and playing with different settings with that in post, even finding the "perfect" luts file to use on it. Still looks like crap.

The other thing I find, and it's hard to explain, but as I'm flying along taking video he bottom of the screen almost seems to jump. Like a severe frame rate drop, but only in part of the video.

The raw images have issues of wanting to be to sharp or not enough, with out changing anything.

It's just getting frustrating, I sold my P4 so I could get this, and I'm regretted it every day that goes by.

Like I said, I'll get some pictures and video up later. The funny thing is it always looks better on my phone or tablet, with smaller screens you see less, which makes sense.

I'm going out later today to fly some, do you have any requests on settings you want to see?

No problem, your welcome.

Rob

Reactions: Bunny Too
OK I got some a picture and some videos up. It was super sunny today, so that helped the video some.

This one is set to normal, 000, 5500K, and exposure is set near 0
Dropbox - DJI_0098.MP4

Normal, 00-2, sunny, exposure at 0, and you can see my neighbor out taking pictures of it.
Dropbox - DJI_0100.MP4

Normal, 00-2, sunny, exposure at 0
Dropbox - DJI_0102.MP4
Dropbox - DJI_0103.MP4

To me, these look so so, but not that great. To me these look grainy and if you zoom in at all you see the gloppyness of it all.

I'm going to contact DJI and talk to them about the same issues that were in that thread, so we will see what they say.

Attachments

• DJI_0104.jpg
    DJI_0104.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 19
Your new so maybe you have not seen the largest thread on the forum.
Maybe you should read most of it before going through the hassle of a return.
Does Mavic Shoot Video or Watercolor Paintings? Don’t settle. Get Involved!
Rob
Would somebody familiar with that monster thread please be kind enough to post a quick summary of where it led?
Were there early manufacturing defects, or was it just the user base needed to get used to settings and/or settings different from the Phantoms they were used to, or both?
Now that manufacturing seems to be caught up with demand (with better quality control, I hope), and user settings/experiences better documented, have these reports diminished?

I'm not somebody suffering the problem, but am curious to see how all this shook out, for future reference. Thanks very much.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NetGreen