DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Washed out image

nyknba

Reactions
Every time I fly, my video and images are very washed out. There’s no vibrant colors. It’s just a lot of white. I’ve tried adjusting the EV, playing with manual and auto modes, changed the color profile and nothing seems to help. IMG_7342.JPG

test.JPG test.JPG Most of the really good pictures you see have been adjusted in some way or form.

I have gotten some OK pictures out of the Mavic Pro, but nothing that I would considered great.
A couple of passes thru editing and it is a different story.

test.JPG

Last edited:
List all the camera settings you used to capture that picture.

I pretty much started with everything standard and took the picture. But even after adjusting the style and color it didn’t seem to help. And it always looks like this whether it’s sunny or cloudy. Very cloudy kind of look to it with excessive washed out colors. Nothing is really clear and vibrant.

Auto Exposure
Auto White Balance
Standard Style 0 EV
Normal Color

Most of the really good pictures you see have been adjusted in some way or form.

I have gotten some OK pictures out of the Mavic Pro, but nothing that I would considered great.
A couple of passes thru editing and it is a different story.

View attachment 40773

What did you use to edit?

I cut and pasted the roof section that was wet with MS paint, the color adjust was with whatever program came on this laptop, nothing special, most machines have some basic editing software pre loaded on them

I know some people pay for a subscription to Adobe Lightroom and shoot in RAW and really tweak the picture.

I just use whatever program is on the machine I am working on at the time.
DJI_0693a.jpg

Every time I fly, my video and images are very washed out. There’s no vibrant colors. It’s just a lot of white. I’ve tried adjusting the EV, playing with manual and auto modes, changed the color profile and nothing seems to help. View attachment 40768
I shoot in RAW for stills, and D-log for video, both of which, on there own, produce flat images and video. However RAW and D-log preserve the most color and information which can be brought out in post processing. I'm still very much an amateur, but it just takes time and perseverance to learn how to color grade and bring out the best without overdoing it. You can get decent images and video without post production, but to get the good stuff, you really need to work at post production.

Reactions: nyknba
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+