DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Water falls.

Spectacular falls.
When shooting running water, try using manual mode and use a long shutter speed. The result is a foam affect to the water and looks nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beet
If you open the photo in Editing software like Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, go to File > Camera Data. It will show the camera settings. I'd be interested in seeing that. GPS coordinates are also available.
This information is called MetaData and is saved as a sidecar file to jpeg and RAW files.

Beet, a little editing on this picture could really bring it to life. I’d be glad to show you an example, if you’re interested.

Beet, a little editing on this picture could really bring it to life. I’d be glad to show you an example, if you’re interested.
no worries, I would like to see what you do, am new to this kind of stuff.

Very nice. Waterfalls are always amazing subjects. I just got some really nice waterfall footage myself this weekend. Editing video right now. Cheers!

-BigSwede

That is the kind of thing I use my Mavic Pro for. I have a geology interest and sometimes use the drone to view or photo things that I cannot otherwise get to.

Be careful of the trees that often grow near waterfalls. Go in high, then hover and use the video to look straight down before you descend. Climb back above obstructions before you try to move horizontally.

Yes, there are programs that can make video adjustments as well, but I’ve never used one. Obviously, with a still shot you can be much more detailed in your editing, which can make a huge difference. Even a simple program like Snapseed can do things like “heal” blemishes and allow you to change exposure in certain parts of a shot without affecting other parts. One rule of thumb: it’s better to be a little underexposed than overexposed. Details can be brightened in an underexposed shot, but if they’re blown out by overexposure, they’re probably not there to work with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidwujr