DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Watercolor

iajetpilot

Reactions
Has anyone sent in a mavic to DJI for the water color effect and if so what happened? Did they accept it as a warranty issue? Did the one you got back work better? Mine is doing it even with the sharpness set to +1.

Here is a screen shot. The trees on the right appear very muddy. This effect shows up in many of my images. I tried contacting support on the FB group they participate in but strangely they haven't answered me yet.

Thanks all

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 10.15.30 PM.png

Nobody else has had this problem?

I have this problem and have read lots into it. Seems like loads of other people have it too. From what I have read it is a focus problem, if you tap elsewhere on the screen to move focus points that mushy spot will most probably move around, I did a few tests and realised that if I tap 1-2cm to the right of the centre, the mush is at its least. Pain in the arse and ruins far too many shots of mine but can not send it in for warranty until I'm home next year

I'm planning on sending mine in. I'm not actually sure now if it is the watercolor effect or maybe the right side is not in focus, i.e. a lens issue. Either way it is going back hopefully. I've been waiting 3 weeks for them to send me a tiny part for my P4P, a little door that popped off one of the legs. God knows how long it will take them to actually fix something.

I've sent a couple in for exchange :
1) uneven focus side to side- this is a hardware defect. You can get warranty repair/exchange
2) really bad watercolor in normal light with 0 or -1 sharpness- I sent in for warranty repair and got another mavic that was much sharper. Still a little watercolor possible with -1 sharpness or low light

Net- if it's really bad send it in. No guarantee it will be perfect, but there are birds out there pretty decent

Mine does the same thing in certain situations even with +1 sharpness. Sucks but I feel like it's just part of the Mavics camera we have to live with.

after closely examining some of my video I can't tell if it is the watercolor effect or just areas on the right side of any video being blurry. Either way the drone is going back to DJI. Worst case scenario I'll use one of my DJI care refresh uses and start fresh with a nice dji reconditioned mavic. I'll update when I get my drone back or the newish one. Thanks for the help.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu