DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Watercraft!

Haven’t heard that anyone has been able to teach them how to swim yet.
Hope it gets better for you.
The rest of the story would be information that may help someone else keep from having a similar issue?

• Haha
Reactions: CJH92474
Ouch! Not a good start! ... Don't run it again until you have blown all the water out of it (low-heat hairdryer), and left it somewhere warm, dry, low-humidity for several days to dry out fully.
Do the same with your battery and you may recover both ...
If this was a result of some DJI fail (rather than Pilot error), you may have grounds for a claim upon DJI warranty. However, you'll need to submit log files to confirm. If you do need to go through that process, there are good people on this forum who can do in-depth analysis to confirm if you have a warranty case or not.

Reactions: WAXMAN
This won't help your present crisis...but it could keep it from happening again.
I live in the State of 10,000 Lakes.. whenever I fly over or near bodies of water I put on my Raptor Floating Skids. I know this flying technology doesn't just fall out of the sky (normally) but the Skids are insurance. When not using the float attachment the skids themselves serve as Landing Gear.

Reactions: WAXMAN and NAVMAV
Batteries should be disposed of after being immersed in water.

if it was fresh water then after drying out you could be lucky and get it to work again,but salt water is a somewhat different proposition,as it will attack the electrics within the drone even a short time in salt water can cause issues many days later. the way to safely dispose of you battery is to make up a saline solution by using a plastic bucket half full add a good dose of salt,give a good stir and then place the battery in the solution after a while you will see bubbles coming from the battery leave it there for a couple of days or untill the bubbling stops then it should be completely flat and be safe to dispose of

Reactions: WAXMAN
Sadly I know from personal experience that unless you have washed all electronics in distilled water and left it to dry for several days/weeks with a drying agent . Then seawater= toast!
If it was fresh water, assuming immediate disassembly then you have a slightly better chance of recovery.
With ic circuits water penetrates behind and under the chips so they look dry .......but!
Seawater has a more corrosive action so minute lines of crud builds up that you cannot see till it is powered up , then it’s too late. I have had some luck using WD40 but this can cause damage to coils.

I dumped my i2 into a fresh water stream. Made a full recovery but I ran it with my ant miner fans blowing it it for a few days and then out it in the fridge. Didn’t connect battery the whole time as the electrical current promotes corrosion if it’s wet.

I have never had to recover from salt water but as everyone is indicating it seems to be the hardest to deal with. Fresh water the chance of recovery is good is it’s low minerals that you dry it out proper.

This won't help your present crisis...but it could keep it from happening again.
I live in the State of 10,000 Lakes.. whenever I fly over or near bodies of water I put on my Raptor Floating Skids. I know this flying technology doesn't just fall out of the sky (normally) but the Skids are insurance. When not using the float attachment the skids themselves serve as Landing Gear.
I have just reduced my Mavick into 2 meters water,still working,but not the battery!
I have just reduced my Mavick into 2 meters water,still working,but not the battery!
Be aware, I also live by a lake and for the same reason I’ve ordered the Arris Raptor 2 with pontoon skids last March and it took a month for delivery in Canada it cost ($184.00) and they don’t fit the legs of my Mavic 2. After several phone calls failed due to a full voice mail box and many e-mails I’m still waiting for a kit that fits !, my opinion is that the distributor is not reliable. He keeps promising me they’re on their way. Hope I get them before winter.

if it was fresh water then after drying out you could be lucky and get it to work again,but salt water is a somewhat different proposition,as it will attack the electrics within the drone even a short time in salt water can cause issues many days later. the way to safely dispose of you battery is to make up a saline solution by using a plastic bucket half full add a good dose of salt,give a good stir and then place the battery in the solution after a while you will see bubbles coming from the battery leave it there for a couple of days or untill the bubbling stops then it should be completely flat and be safe to dispose of
Or, just bring it to a Batteries+ Store. (if there is one around).

Get a big plastic box, fill it with rice and dump the drone and battery in the rice, providing it didn't happen too long ago the rice will suck up all the mositure. It might not get your battery working again, but it will be good for the drone.

Usually what happens with batteries is the salt water creates bridges between tracks and draws a lot of current, so it burns tracks and semiconductors out, the batteries are usually okay, just the control circuits have had it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne