DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waterproof Rucksack

JAW911

Reactions
The bag that came with the flymore pack is not waterproof. Has anyone found a suitable waterproof bag/rucksack? Just need it to carry drone, controller and essentials.

I'm not joking and I use this product for everything that needs protection from getting wet.

It's affordable, works great and keep things organized while trying to find the perfect kit for your needs.

Another idea, spray the DJI bag with a few coats of a SCOTCH GUARD water protection product to repel the moisture.

Others may chime in soon with better options for a backpack.

The bag that came with the flymore pack is not waterproof. Has anyone found a suitable waterproof bag/rucksack? Just need it to carry drone, controller and essentials.
As a now retired Pro Photographer, I always purchased totally waterproof bags / backpacks from a company called Overboard , they cater for the sailing fraternity, brilliant gear and will float if falls into sea, cheers Len

Reactions: MA2 317
Thank you both. The Overboard range looks promising. Thank you
The Overboard backpack is brilliant it’s large enough to put a Lowepro Drone backpack inside totally waterproof . I have used it while riding my motorcycle in all weathers and never had a problem with water ingress, cheers Lenn

Being an avid bushwalker for some 30+ years, I was here to reply you won't find a true waterproof backpack, they just don't exist.
We use pack liners for anything we need to keep dry, and like @MA2 317 suggested, heavy duty ziplocks for some gear.

Was going to suggest a dry bag (< link), placed inside whatever backpack you need in size.
That's essentially what those Overboard packs are with a harness fitted.
Obviously the Overboard are very well made and very heavy duty by the looks.

You can get decent material dry bags with harnesses, saw a few in my images link . . .

Let us know what you find / decide on and how it goes.

Osprey make dry sacks. They come in various sizes. They are lightweight but not as durable as a dedicated expensive waterproof backpack. Ideal for placing your existing flymore bag inside one of these and stuffing into your existing backpack. This existing backpack of mine has a waterproof removable shell so my DJI is doublely protected. Just get the right size.

Overboard bag coming tomorrow! Perfect. I went for the.......

Pro-Light Waterproof Sling Bag Backpack 8 Litres​

Currently half-price and should be the perfect size. Thanks very much Len. Hope you're having weather as nice as we are here in Bristol!

I looked at Osprey but their rucksacks are water resistant rather than waterproof and thr roll-top carry bags are too cumbersome for me - I already have a Musto version. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. much appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown