DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint Mission - exact repeatable ?

home pilot

Reactions
Hi,

Since 3 weeks I have the Mavic 2 Pro and got last week the Litchi App for iPad.

I programed some waypoint missions at home and went to the park to fly them.

I had the idea to do the same waypoint mission (a simple one - 40 m high, two points, 200 m away, straight line, skyline in the background) in different times:
day and night and blend them together als day - night change, often needed in TV Movies.

I used After effects, to superimpose the two shots and used 50 % opacity, to see both shots the same time.
I found out that it is really hard to match the two shots.... they are "running away"

Litchi and the Mavic 2 Pro seam not able the reproduce the Mission in the exact same way?

Did any of you try the same thing and succeed?

Greetings Erik

I suspect that prevailing winds, being different each flight...even with gimbal etc., it's hard for it to be a perfect match. I'm trying a similar thing, and it's obviously not going to be a straight transition w/o an obvious shift.

Winds as mentioned above and also GPS is accurate to within 3 meters. Its not exact. You could try using the DJIGO4 version of waypoints. Drop a starting waypoint. Then fly to the next point. Drop a Waypoint using C1 button. Then fly the path over and over during different times of the day. It may or may not be more accurate.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb