DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint mission without RC connection?

kona

Reactions
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does DJI or Litchi allow waypoint missions while there is no signal to the RC? I want to fly a mission across a small mountain top. I'll be close to the summit on one side of the mountain but want to fly beyond the summit, so there's a good chance I would loose signal. I could, if necessary, set the altitude to something above the summit but ideally the Mavic would fly at a given height above the terrain, by itself. Seems to me that all it would need is a topo map and the internal GPS/barometers, in addition to the waypoint map, but I'm not sure.

You can do missions without connection but you have to enter your altitudes yourself. Seems you want Litchi becasue DJI GO requires you to actually fly the route to store the waypoints, so you need to be able to run the flight with connection all the way once.

With go app, you could set the first point, then rise up above the summit and to the next point on the other side and lower it back down. Then during the mission, it would travel along the straight line path between the 2 points. Just make sure there isn't anything in the way.(other than the mountain)

Last edited:
The DJI Go App will either force the drone to RTH, hover or land based on the app settings if you lose connection for a given amount of time. Not sure if the Litchi will allow it to continue the mission after it loses connection or not

Great, and will Litchi allow me to stay put in one place (e.g., above the mountain top) for N seconds if I want take longer footage of the summit?

Will Litchi allow me to plan the gimbal angle?

And most importantly, does Litchi work again with the latest version of the Mavic's firmware or do I haev to downgrade?

The DJI Go App will either force the drone to RTH, hover or land based on the app settings if you lose connection for a given amount of time. Not sure if the Litchi will allow it to continue the mission after it loses connection or not

This is not correct, in certain modes such as POI and waypoint mode the Mavic will not immediately RTH when the controller signal is lost - in POI mode it will keep going until it hits low battery and in waypoint mode it will carry on going to the waypoints until it reaches the final point when it will RTH if the controller is still off. This is a good video to demonstrate what happens to the Mavic when the controller signal is lost:

John

Reactions: wcsilva

Or... you are wrong. Thanks for posting.

There are a few video on you tube how to use Google earth for ground elevation missions using litchi , not had any trouble with litchi had a lot more trouble with go4 so rolled it back seems OK now touch wood .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis