DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint will not start on Mavic 2

Phito11

Reactions
Hi everybody, I seem to be having an issue with waypoints.
I have a Mavic 2 on which I have created a 10 point waypoint mission.
Once a launch the mission by clicking "GO" it takes off, flies to the first waypoint, positions itself, then it just stays there. I have tried setting the Route Type to both Polyline and Arc, but it just sits there on both.
So I don't know if I'm missing something, doing something wrong, or is it the software.
If anybody can help me with this, it will be greatly appreciated.

Hi everybody, I seem to be having an issue with waypoints.
I have a Mavic 2 on which I have created a 10 point waypoint mission.
Once a launch the mission by clicking "GO" it takes off, flies to the first waypoint, positions itself, then it just stays there. I have tried setting the Route Type to both Polyline and Arc, but it just sits there on both.
So I don't know if I'm missing something, doing something wrong, or is it the software.
If anybody can help me with this, it will be greatly appreciated.
Which app do you use?

Look at your mission cruising speed. Is it set to zero kmh ? What happens if you push your right stick forward when the drone is stuck at waypoint 1 ?

Look at your mission cruising speed. Is it set to zero kmh ? What happens if you push your right stick forward when the drone is stuck at waypoint 1 ?
I have the speed set to 4mph or 6.4kmh. If I push the stick forward, it'll move but then stop as soon as I release the stick.
Do you have to push the stick to get the mission to begin after pressing GO and the Mavic traveling to the first waypoint?

I have the speed set to 4mph or 6.4kmh. If I push the stick forward, it'll move but then stop as soon as I release the stick.
Do you have to push the stick to get the mission to begin after pressing GO and the Mavic traveling to the first waypoint?

No, you should fly at 4mph all along provided:
1) Your max mission speed is not set to zero;
2) Your speed at waypoint 1 (and maybe others) is not set to zero.

Speed is transmitted live by the app through the RC (as is gimbal pitch). It is not uploaded like the rest of the mission parameters (altitude, position etc.). In other words, Litchi app acts exactly as you do in pushing the right stick (and it does not inactivates this command). The fact that the drone moves when you push this stick indicates that there is nothing wrong in the RC-->AC transmission. If mission speed settings are corrects in all domains (general mission settings, settings at waypoints) I would incriminate a bad link between your device (the app) and your RC, maybe the USB cable or else. Are gimbal pitch changes well executed ? For example, if you take off with a pitch at 0° and you set a pitch -90° at waypoint 1, is the gimbal moving to -90° ? If not, try to use an other cable and/or to download a fresh Litchi version. First time I see this problem.

No, you should fly at 4mph all along provided:
1) Your max mission speed is not set to zero;
2) Your speed at waypoint 1 (and maybe others) is not set to zero.

Speed is transmitted live by the app through the RC (as is gimbal pitch). It is not uploaded like the rest of the mission parameters (altitude, position etc.). In other words, Litchi app acts exactly as you do in pushing the right stick (and it does not inactivates this command). The fact that the drone moves when you push this stick indicates that there is nothing wrong in the RC-->AC transmission. If mission speed settings are corrects in all domains (general mission settings, settings at waypoints) I would incriminate a bad link between your device (the app) and your RC, maybe the USB cable or else. Are gimbal pitch changes well executed ? For example, if you take off with a pitch at 0° and you set a pitch -90° at waypoint 1, is the gimbal moving to -90° ? If not, try to use an other cable and/or to download a fresh Litchi version. First time I see this problem.
Hi Peio64270, and thank you.
The gimbal pitch seems to be working fine, it's just getting it to start the mission once it travels to the first way point. The speed is set the same for all way points also.
I am using a third party cable which has been working fine, but I'll try the original and see if that fixes the problem.
I haven't purchased the Litchi app, but I think I'll give it a try. I do like that it has the option to edit your waypoint missions on a laptop.

The best way for analyzing this glitch would be you share your mission here or you fly it virtually by yourself with VLM and Google Earth. If the drone remains stuck in the virtual flight, you can make sure that there is something wrong in the mission settings. Otherwise, there is someting wrong with Litchi app or with your device, USB transmission...

The best way for analyzing this glitch would be you share your mission here or you fly it virtually by yourself with VLM and Google Earth. If the drone remains stuck in the virtual flight, you can make sure that there is something wrong in the mission settings. Otherwise, there is someting wrong with Litchi app or with your device, USB transmission...

Oh, so
Hi Peio64270, and thank you.
The gimbal pitch seems to be working fine, it's just getting it to start the mission once it travels to the first way point. The speed is set the same for all way points also.
I am using a third party cable which has been working fine, but I'll try the original and see if that fixes the problem.
I haven't purchased the Litchi app, but I think I'll give it a try. I do like that it has the option to edit your waypoint missions on a laptop.

Oh sorry, I understood you were flying a Litchi mission. I know nothing about Go4 waypoints missions.

Reactions: Phito11
If waypoint mission can continue with loss of signal, then it can't be the app controlling any of it real time.

If waypoint mission can continue with loss of signal, then it can't be the app controlling any of it real time.

If connection is lost, Litchi waypoint mission continues with the last instructions transmitted by the app for speed and gimbal pitch (other instructions including cruise speed are stocked in drone memory). So, if at any waypoint speed is set at 0kmh, the drone stops if connection is lost at this particular waypoint. Personnally, I never set very low speeds at distant waypoints were there is a risk of losing connection.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot