DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints 2.0 utilizes outdated google maps?

Pocak977

Reactions
Hello Mavic Pilots,
I am on vacation in Croatia and wanted to test Waypoints 2 this afternoon with my Mavic 2 Pro and realized that DJI GO4 uses an old map database. ...at least it is showing older satelite image than Google maps that is installed on my phone. Has anyone realized this before? If so, does anyone know why is DJI utilizes different map database from Google’s current version? Is there a way to somehow sync it/update it in the GO4 app to have the most current version? Thanks for your comments in advance!

When using Dronelink there is choice to use Here maps and they show things around this area that changed about a year and a half ago. The maps on GO4 and Litchi (using iOS) are older than that and do not reflect those changes.

Reactions: Pocak977
The map showing in the Go app is not provided by Google.
It either Mapbox on Android devices or Apple maps on iOS.

Thank you! I thought it was the Google map. Either way, it would be nice to fly with a more up-to-date map.

When using Dronelink there is choice to use Here maps and they show things around this area that changed about a year and a half ago. The maps on GO4 and Litchi (using iOS) are older than that and do not reflect those changes.

Hi! Thanks for your comment. I am sort of new to flying drone, so excuse my stupid question. Is Dronelink an iOS app? ...because I can’t find it in the app store.

Dronelink is Android. And still in Beta.
Have you tried Litchi? Lots of people prefer it for WP missions. It uses Google Maps, which I find the most up to date map dabase.
Litchi for DJI Mavic / Phantom / Inspire / Spark

Thank you! Do you know if Litchi allows users to define WP based on GPS coordinates rather than just clicking on the map? I am asked to do some aerial field surveillance and the customer prefers to provide the GPS coordinates to make sure the surveillance is being done precisely. Thanks!

Thank you! Do you know if Litchi allows users to define WP based on GPS coordinates rather than just clicking on the map? I am asked to do some aerial field surveillance and the customer prefers to provide the GPS coordinates to make sure the surveillance is being done precisely. Thanks!
I'm not sure. What I know is that you can set up your mission at home on the computer and export it to the drone.
Mission Hub - Litchi
There is tons of YT Videos and other info on the internet about Litchi. Just google it...

I am testing Dronelink as well. Looks promising with a great mission previewer built in.
Hakon

All you have to do is tap the screen to create a point and then adjust the Lattitude and Longitude values to what you want. It is a paid app but it is much better than DJI's version. I also prefer it for panoramas. And the maps are up to date....

IMG_0115.png

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke