DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints at last in DJI Go4 !

I'd like to see further samples or opinions (if anyone has any to share or upload) showing how 2.0 waypoints handles yaw around waypoints. I note that in the setup menu you have two choices to modify path; straight or curved. No control over the size of the curve, like Litchi has. Is 2.0 an improvement of Litchi's jumpy waypoint yaw? Any thought's would be great; I'm currently snowed in in Michigan
I flew some comparison flights this afternoon to confirm that the issue is with Mavic 2 regardless of the programming app (DJI Go4 or Litchi). (Look particularly around the 1 minute mark):

Incidentally you can change the radius of the curves. You need to tap on an existing waypoint first for a tiny variables pop-up to appear.
The fields in that are changeable by tapping and then sliding your finger anywhere up or down the screen

I flew some comparison flights this afternoon to confirm that the issue is with Mavic 2 regardless of the programming app (DJI Go4 or Litchi).
Sadly, that's the same conclusion I came to. I can't believe it's that difficult for them to fix.

But hopefully now that they can't blame Litchi, they will sort it.

It looks like they re-released 4.3.12 for Android yesterday.
Yes I noticed that today. Strange to release a new version with the same version number, it's not like they're short of numbers.

Any idea what's changed/fixed?

I flew some comparison flights this afternoon

AJ: I have never flown a waypoint mission with either my M1 or M2P but I wanted to say what an excellent job you did with that comparison video. The old M1 was stable as can be while the problem was clearly discernible with the M2. Very well done and I hope DJI fixes this issue for you and others Real Soon Now as it definitely hurts the recordings. (I hope you sent DJI a link to that clip. It would be impossible for them to argue that there isn't a problem.)

AJ: I have never flown a waypoint mission with either my M1 or M2P but I wanted to say what an excellent job you did with that comparison video. The old M1 was stable as can be while the problem was clearly discernible with the M2. Very well done and I hope DJI fixes this issue for you and others Real Soon Now as it definitely hurts the recordings. (I hope you sent DJI a link to that clip. It would be impossible for them to argue that there isn't a problem.)
Thank you Kilo Mike. I did wait a little for someone else to do it, and then thought that the whole point of a community is to contribute to itThere is nothing to beat MavicPilots.

What I find puzzling is that I had the Air previously, and it seemed to yaw very smoothly!

Same here. I've made the smoothest cinematic moves with Mavic Air on Litchi waypoint mode. It took a while to imagine how everything would look like but you had all the time in the world to design the route on computer. Then tested and modified if needed. Never experienced any jerky movements.

Reactions: IanChap
Hi everyone,

Something strikes me odd... isn’t there supposed to be a mission pre-flight that tells me the full distance and time to fly it and whether or not the current battery charge-level can achieve that mission etc? I have a 17 WP mission planned with 4 POV and distance (as taken from loading WP pop up) 4885 meters. And the drone would just GO.
So far so good... then I created another test course with 20 WP and distance of 20600 meters and again, no errors reported - the drone would GO. Am I missing something here?!?
Considering that I fly 80% of my mission over WATER, I fell odd to start it this way. I can imagine that the drone won’t fall out of the sky when battery runs out in the middle of the course but why let me start the mission?!!

Hope you can teach me how it’s SAFE to start into greater courses without that kind of headache.

Thanks, Jake

Reactions: cdubNga
AJ, phenomenal job on this video. This is the single best demonstration of this massive problem that I've ever seen. Frankly, unless and until DJI fixes this firmware issue with Mavic 2, video coming from Waypoints 2.0 or Litchi is essentially unusable. It blows me away that DJI still hasn't even acknowledged the problem.

Last edited:
I was a bit disappointed with the repeatability, I wanted to photograph the progress of a roof replacement, and thought waypoints would be perfect. I took off and added a waypoint about 50 ft above take off point, then flew to the roof, pointed camera directly down and framed the shot. Saved waypoint number 2 and took a photo. I changed the mission to hover on completion, then re-flew the mission several times throughout the roof replacement, each time the alignment and height was off and after manual tweaks I would have been better doing this manually at a slightly higher altitude and aligning & cropping in photoshop after the flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada