DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints Video Question

Fergy

Reactions
Hi all,
Just a general question to the forum, I have just completed my second only waypoint mission and was really happy with its outcome ( using Litchi) my question is the video file was split into 2 section both work fine, just curious why it saved it to the SD card as 2 videos. Downloaded it to my laptop it played it through as a single video.

fergy
downunder

Hi all,
Just a general question to the forum, I have just completed my second only waypoint mission and was really happy with its outcome ( using Litchi) my question is the video file was split into 2 section both work fine, just curious why it saved it to the SD card as 2 videos. Downloaded it to my laptop it played it through as a single video.

fergy
downunder
How large was the video files. It has been my experience that there is a break in the recording at around 4gig, then starts a new file.

Thanks for your reply, one file was 3.80gb and the other a little under 1gb.

fergy

Reactions: fiftiesnut
This has always been a gripe of mine and no amount of research I've done will allow you to change it to 1 file. In fact, I recall reading *somewhere* that this is intentional because if a video file becomes "corrupt" at least it will only affect 1 file. Not sure I believe that logic though. I used to think it was due to the FAT32 file size limitation, still suspect that it does, but DJI says no when I asked.

Reactions: fiftiesnut
This has always been a gripe of mine and no amount of research I've done will allow you to change it to 1 file. In fact, I recall reading *somewhere* that this is intentional because if a video file becomes "corrupt" at least it will only affect 1 file. Not sure I believe that logic though. I used to think it was due to the FAT32 file size limitation, still suspect that it does, but DJI says no when I asked.

Just have to deal with it.

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inventoryahead0