Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Waypoints

Barney O'Hara

Reaction score
I am new to this and drone flying. Ex chopper pilot. Have a Mavic pro. Need to load waypoints to fly too. Where how who why ??

Barney

PoonDog

Reaction score
I’m looking for the same informatioi

Moose1967

Reaction score
Not possible unless you use the Litchi App for Mavic Pro - furthermore with the DJI Go4 app you are limited to travelling no more than 500 meters away. The Litchi App gives you more flexibility but if you use third party software and crash due to the software I am not sure if it voids a warranty replacement through Care Refresh or your original flying insurance.

Scott Kei

Reaction score
Loc
NW Ohio
Pretty sure with a mp1 on dji go4 app you must set the waypoints during the flight and save them. Litchi you can set the waypoints prior to the flight.

FoxhallGH

Reaction score
Loc
UK - Suffolk
DJI instruction video here ... [Please note the cautions voiced in this video!]

Barney O'Hara

Reaction score
Thanks all. Now......... how do I load waypoints / track from Google Earth Pro to litchi. I operate a Mac and somewhere it says only available for other systems than Mac iOS.

Moose1967

Reaction score
Pretty risky as you have to make sure you got your elevations correct - its one of the common crash causes - if you fly the mission and save the waypoints it’s safer - if you preprograme you could get the elevation above launch point wrong.

Barney O'Hara

Reaction score
Pretty risky as you have to make sure you got your elevations correct - its one of the common crash causes - if you fly the mission and save the waypoints it’s safer - if you preprograme you could get the elevation above launch point wrong.
Thanks for the input. I take off at the highest elevation around the area so think I'm covered. Whilst trying to load waypoints in Litchi it keeps saying not enough waypoints, even if I have 5 on the map............ What am I not getting here ??

Moose1967

Reaction score
I only used Litchi for Phantom 2 so I am not familiar with it for the MP.