DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints

Barney O'Hara

Reactions
I am new to this and drone flying. Ex chopper pilot. Have a Mavic pro. Need to load waypoints to fly too. Where how who why ??

Barney

Not possible unless you use the Litchi App for Mavic Pro - furthermore with the DJI Go4 app you are limited to travelling no more than 500 meters away. The Litchi App gives you more flexibility but if you use third party software and crash due to the software I am not sure if it voids a warranty replacement through Care Refresh or your original flying insurance.

Pretty sure with a mp1 on dji go4 app you must set the waypoints during the flight and save them. Litchi you can set the waypoints prior to the flight.

DJI instruction video here ... [Please note the cautions voiced in this video!]

Reactions: mavin
Thanks all. Now......... how do I load waypoints / track from Google Earth Pro to litchi. I operate a Mac and somewhere it says only available for other systems than Mac iOS.

Pretty risky as you have to make sure you got your elevations correct - its one of the common crash causes - if you fly the mission and save the waypoints it’s safer - if you preprograme you could get the elevation above launch point wrong.

Pretty risky as you have to make sure you got your elevations correct - its one of the common crash causes - if you fly the mission and save the waypoints it’s safer - if you preprograme you could get the elevation above launch point wrong.
Thanks for the input. I take off at the highest elevation around the area so think I'm covered. Whilst trying to load waypoints in Litchi it keeps saying not enough waypoints, even if I have 5 on the map............ What am I not getting here ??

I only used Litchi for Phantom 2 so I am not familiar with it for the MP.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ