DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints...

Badgersurfer

Reactions
I got into waypoints today and they are brilliant. One thing that crossed my mind though. let's say you created a waypoint path and saved it to your list and then moved 5 miles to another location and created another one. Then whilst you were at the second location you accidently loaded the 1st location waypoints and initiated it. Would your drone fly off towards the 1st location?

Reactions: old man mavic
I got into waypoints today and they are brilliant. One thing that crossed my mind though. let's say you created a waypoint path and saved it to your list and then moved 5 miles to another location and created another one. Then whilst you were at the second location you accidently loaded the 1st location waypoints and initiated it. Would your drone fly off towards the 1st location?
thats an interesting question ,my take on it would be, (a) it would fly the waypoint mission at the new location,or (b) it would say unable to fly at this location,i dont think it would try to return to the first location
the best person to answer that question would be @sar104 he will have a technical answer as to what would happen

Reactions: Badgersurfer
thats an interesting question ,my take on it would be, (a) it would fly the waypoint mission at the new location,or (b) it would say unable to fly at this location,i dont think it would try to return to the first location
the best person to answer that question would be @sar104 he will have a technical answer as to what would happen
I raised the question with DJI support and they tried to get an answer from the developers. But alas they couldn't so they will email me. (I won't hold my breath)...

I wonder if you actively tried helping by free stick flying down to within 2KM, would WP1 be attempted. Thereafter likely to behave as if RC link was lost?

I´d a try with the same WP-mission but different startpoint and different missions endpoint (distance of these points 100yards) on my P3S. That bird did it,exactly so as is. I think the Mavic PP will do the same.

I wonder if you actively tried helping by free stick flying down to within 2KM, would WP1 be attempted. Thereafter likely to behave as if RC link was lost?
If it´s in Go app then it will kicks in the RTH immddiately(3 sec loss) , on Litchi can it be that the bird does´nt need the contact to the RC until end of mission and then kicks in the RTH

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121