DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints

NLOL

Reactions
I need a little GIS help on lat and long formats.

I created a hyperlapse task with 3 waypoints. The waypoint records are easily seen in the task library.

Looking at the waypoint records, I see the lat/long fields clearly identified - other fields too. However, I dont recognize the format. The values are:

Lat: .8334337033791177
Lon: -2.1699511533684433

Actual location is Washington State near Pacific coast.

How can I convert between this format and a common degree minute second format as commonly seen on a consumer gps?

I created a hyperlapse task with 3 waypoints. The waypoint records are easily seen in the task library.

Looking at the waypoint records, I see the lat/long fields clearly identified - other fields too. However, I dont recognize the format. The values are:

How can I convert between this format and a common degree minute second format as commonly seen on a consumer gps?
Looks like radians. Somewhere near Forks, WA.

Last edited:
Yes to near Forks.

And mightypilot2000 - yes indeed. That works.

When I get a chance I'll do some back and forth conversions and comparisons with several gps units to see how precisely they compare. Might be some issues with GPS reference systems, eg wgs64, but worst case, one good local reference point from the drone, and suitable map (or other means to determine displacement ), and a little easy programming, and it appears easy to bench create waypoint missions.

(I don't mean to be rude, but to those who thought this couldn't be done- even showed why - pffft! Always ask, "How can this be done?' There's little value in showing one way it can't be done.)

That is all... Carry on...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky