DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ways to transfer files from drone to PC

sync to your phone then sync phone to pc ...all slow and cimbersome - just tke the sd card out and put it in a card/usb reader

Reactions: dtp
As said already above ... it's possible to through the GO4 gallery transfer the full res movies & pics from the AC to the RC attached mobile device. Then transfer the files to your PC in the same way you usually transfer thing's between your phone & PC (has nothing to do with DJI Assistant)

But this will be slow, take ages & drain the batteries in drone/RC/phone, one or a couple of stills yeah if you need them instantly for social media purposes on the go ... but several gigs of clips, no. USB card reader is the only efficient method.

One other method is to directly connect your MA to the PC with the usb-c cable & transfer directly with the drone powered on ...

If the MA is similar to the M1P with wifi download of photos from the gallery, then photos taken in jpg and raw (dng) will only download the jpg photos.
You will have to use a cable or take the micro SD card out to transfer dng photos.

I shoot 1080, so short vids or say 3 - 4 mins are reasonable via wifi in the field.
I'll generally download when packing up to move on, or drive with the drone still downloading on a short drive elsewhere.

Another way to transfer from the drone on the go without fiddling with the SD card is to use a cable & a OTG usb adapter ... Still require the drone to be powered on, but this is much quicker & make it possible to off load the DNG files also.

But still ... again I would take out the card & put it directly into the OTG adapter with a small micro SD card reader.

1586960897948.png

what are ways to transfer movies/pics from mavic air to PC aside from taking out the SD card?
I use a Sandisc iXpand drive to save the photos/videos from my phone(Iphone), and then download to PC. For whatever reason my PC doesn't recognize the drone nor SC, and like you I am reluctant to take out the SD card as I have read things can go bad once you take it out. This is not a bad way as you can clear the SD card memory of what you saved.

I use a Sandisc iXpand drive to save the photos/videos from my phone(Iphone), and then download to PC. For whatever reason my PC doesn't recognize the drone nor SC, and like you I am reluctant to take out the SD card as I have read things can go bad once you take it out. This is not a bad way as you can clear the SD card memory of what you saved.
Nah ... nothing will corrupt your card as long as you don't interrupt any write or read operation or disconnect it from the PC or other device it's connected to just pulling it without "eject" through the op.sys.

Then I don't follow you ... "to save the photos/videos from my phone(Iphone)" ...how do you get the pics/clips to your phone in the first stage, what you have there is low res cash files of the pics/clips stored in the drone?

Reactions: E90RAW
Nah ... nothing will corrupt your card as long as you don't interrupt any write or read operation or disconnect it from the PC or other device it's connected to just pulling it without "eject" through the op.sys.

Then I don't follow you ... "to save the photos/videos from my phone(Iphone)" ...how do you get the pics/clips to your phone in the first stage, what you have there is low res cash files of the pics/clips stored in the drone?
Sorry...missed that. I have a SC and so you turn on the SC wifi and connect the "SC wifi" with the phone and go into DJI app "editor" and "share". This will get you the pics/videos stored on the SC. To get the drone pics/video, you have to connect to the drone with the SC(like your going to fly), hit the arrow bottom right, go into the drone SD card and bring over(make sure your still connected to SC wifi which you turn on by swiping down from the SC screen to another menu, press on share or go share and then close. It is a little time consuming.

Thanks for te replies guys.
In summary:
SD card to PC
Drone to PC via USB cable
Drone to tablet via OTG
And wifi from drone to iphone then to PC.

Why i asked is because the idea of taking out the SD card multiple times will eventually wear out the connectors inside the drone and bye bye dronie. You will not be able to connect an SD card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock