DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

We are just hurting ourselves... Wildlife harassment, illegal flights on campus, and BVLOS flights.. all in ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst part is you are spying for Facebook whenever you walk with your device, take a photo, post something, or read something.
No, I'm not. I have location services turned off for the Facebook app. I also have location services turned off for my iPhone's camera app (my photos do not get tagged with GPS data). I also force-quit the Facebook app when I'm not actually using it.

Mark

No, I'm not. I have location services turned off for the Facebook app. I also have location services turned off for my iPhone's camera app (my photos do not get tagged with GPS data). I also force-quit the Facebook app when I'm not actually using it.

Mark
Sure, that'll fix everything... lmao. Ever hear of FB Services (background code FB loads when it was installed)? How do you force stop those?

Sure, that'll fix everything... lmao. Ever hear of FB Services (background code FB loads when it was installed)? How do you force stop those?
FB can pull location data from iPhone photos if they are uploaded to FB, but not if photo geotagging is itself turned off on the phone. And FB has no other access to location data (at least on iOS) if that is disabled in iOS preferences.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowghost
So all those wifi stations your phone happens across are meaningless. Got it. An IP address is an IP address ... and mapping an IP to a physical location is easy.

So all those wifi stations your phone happens across are meaningless. Got it. An IP address is an IP address ... and mapping an IP to a physical location is easy.
VPN. Don’t leave home without it.

I'm not clear what you are trying to argue. If you are joining random wifi hotspots and then accessing FB then sure - the hotspot IP address is going to be revealed, but that's true of any website that you visit. What's your point?

I never use WiFi except at home or when at a friend or family member's house. No public WiFi whatsoever and I turned off my iPhone's WiFi network recommendation feature.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929