Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

We will ultimately offer free online training in drone SAR ops

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
We received an inquiry from a drone pilot in France, regretting he could not make the training on March 30, but asking if we could offer the training online.

Offer some training online?

Great idea! Yes!

Thus, we plan to ultimately offer online training in drone search & rescue to geographically isolated pilots worldwide. By April 1st, we will freely post online our briefing "An Introduction To Drone Search & Rescue" (almost 60 slides! It's now in an 8th draft.) While focused on SAR operations in the U.S., the principles are a good start for anyone.

Sometime this summer we will offer our first free online course for remote training on drone SAR operations. While nothing can beat onsite training with us, we want to offer free help to geographically isolated pilots. Watch our web site for updates.

www.dronesar.info

It is a great idea, and a great service that you are offering. I suggest that you start by stressing that any SAR drone work needs to be 107 certified (US) and coordinated with a command center. I would hate to see someone watch a few introductory slides and think that they can go out and join SAR on their own.

Reactions: Turn11
It is a great idea, and a great service that you are offering. I suggest that you start by stressing that any SAR drone work needs to be 107 certified (US) and coordinated with a command center. I would hate to see someone watch a few introductory slides and think that they can go out and join SAR on their own.

That's precisely what we emphasize up front in the briefing and training. While we welcome any pilot to train with us regardless of experience, we emphasize they cannot engage in any real-world SAR in the U.S. without being 107 certified. We're also hoping the training may be an incentive to get certified for those pilots that are not.

We received an inquiry from a drone pilot in France, regretting he could not make the training on March 30, but asking if we could offer the training online.

Offer some training online?

Great idea! Yes!

Thus, we plan to ultimately offer online training in drone search & rescue to geographically isolated pilots worldwide. By April 1st, we will freely post online our briefing "An Introduction To Drone Search & Rescue" (almost 60 slides! It's now in an 8th draft.) While focused on SAR operations in the U.S., the principles are a good start for anyone.

Sometime this summer we will offer our first free online course for remote training on drone SAR operations. While nothing can beat onsite training with us, we want to offer free help to geographically isolated pilots. Watch our web site for updates.

www.dronesar.info
Hmmm... You might have chosen a different date to launch, maybe April 2nd or the last day of March possibly? But April 1st?

Whoops

Hmmm... You might have chosen a different date to launch, maybe April 2nd or the last day of March possibly? But April 1st?
I can only come down to the training on the weekends. I have already requested vacation for the 30th weekend from my job. and have made reservations for a place to stay.

Reactions: TR Ganey
I can only come down to the training on the weekends. I have already requested vacation for the 30th weekend from my job. and have made reservations for a place to stay.

I think he was talking about putting the brief on the web site on Apr 1st - April Fools Day. Training is still on the 30th. The free brief will be on the web site no later than a week before that.

Last edited:

I think you're now on track to win the cool hat for coming the furthest distance . Also this nice quality shirt .. which I've only got in one size - large. Free training and bling and get to hang out with fellow droners. What more could you ask for? :)

Attachments

• shirt logo.jpg
    shirt logo.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 9
  • hat.jpg
    hat.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 9
I think he was talking about putting the brief on the web site on Apr 1st - April Fools Day. Training is still on the 30th. The free brief will be on the web site no later than a week before that.
Huh...ok

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmy poole