DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weak Mobile Device GPS signal error

Ok, just did some further tests. This time with two different Android devices and here are my results:-

Note that both devices are running dji go 4 - 4.3.11
Both devices in Airplane mode
I wandered around with both devices to the same locations to ensure repeatability.

1. Samsung Galaxy S7 edge - faultless. Always had the blue dot in the map (indicating accuracy) and I could always update to the device position every time.
2. Samsung galaxy tab S3 - hit and miss. Sometimes had the blue dot on the map and this is when I could set the new home point but often would go to a red dot and this is when I'm getting the weak signal issue.

Also as a side note my ios device (ipad) always has the blue dot in the map but still throws up the weak signal issue?! - But can be 'fixed' (for me at least) with the unplug/replug method as mentioned below.

The following is an extract of a 'fix' done by "Bozora" over on the DJI forum:-

"Hi all

I just found a quick fix on the freaking "Weak GPS" try the following

1. Take off your drone - aint no matter if its csc or auto takeoff
2. Fly forward a little and hover. (or just hover near you, just to be on the safe side))
3. Move yourself to a different location
4. Unplug the black cable from you phone (the connector end that attached to the controller)
5. Reconnect the plug/connector
6. go tap on the human icon
7.VOILA!!!!!! CONTROLLER LOCATION IS SET!!!!

EACH TIME YOU WANT TO SET NEW CONTROLLER LOCATION ....JUST PLUG OUT THEN PLUG IN. WORKS ALL THE TIME FOR NOW TILL DJI UPDATE THE APP."

Don't know if this helps or just muddies the water further. Any thoughts?

I should disclose that I have the Mavic 2 Zoom but that doesn't seem to matter as it appears to be software related anyway.
Hi. I have the same problem for today. I use Mavic 2 Zoom with the iPad mini 4, and unfortunately this function still does not work. I have not tried the method of disconnecting and turning on the wire. I hope someone will respond and give an answer to the solution of this problem Weak GPS Signal Mobile Device.

I have the same issue with my M2P using my Samsung Galaxy S8 and my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (GPS chip/No LTE). It would be nice if DJI came up with a software fix for this.

I have the same issue with my M2P using my Samsung Galaxy S8 and my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (GPS chip/No LTE). It would be nice if DJI came up with a software fix for this.

DJI don’t not worried. I think that they need all users to write, otherwise the situation will not change.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo