DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weak signal, lost connection

davshev

Reactions
On a couple of occasions while flying my Mavic 2 zoom I've encountered a weak signal, or connection lost warning. I hit the "return to home" button and it came back within range of the signal. My question is this; what's happening when the drone is out of range and disconnected.....is it just hovering? Could it possibly fall out of the sky?

Failsafe RTH is what normally happens when connection to the RC is lost, providing you are not flying some type of waypoint mission. Hitting the RTH button does not work if you are truly disconnected. While connected, you have to push and hold for a couple seconds to start RTH.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Failsafe RTH is what normally happens when connection to the RC is lost, providing you are not flying some type of waypoint mission. Hitting the RTH button does not work if you are truly disconnected. While connected, you have to push and hold for a couple seconds to start RTH.
So, is that to say the drone won't just fall out of the air?

So, is that to say the drone won't just fall out of the air?
If everything is operating properly, no, it will not just fall out of the air. The M2 is designed to return to home. What prevents this (besides operator error) is the power needed to RTH is only an estimate and does not account for a headwind on the return. If the wind is strong enough, it may actually fly backwards unless the operator can take control and find more favorable winds or switch to sport mode (which will drain the battery faster). At some point it will determine that it only has enough power to land and it will attempt to do so. It then may lower into a tree or other obstacle but it would be a controlled descent.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato