DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weak transmission signal + constant focusing?

JoshuaF

Reactions
Newbee here, had a Mavic 2 Pro in the air for about 12 hours. Just starting to get fairly comfortable with it now. Have gotten some really nice video and still shots both, looking forward to getting more. I *am* having a couple persistent issues though that I'm trying to figure out.

1) I will frequently get a "weak transmission signal" error message on the remote even if the drone is nowhere near distance or height limitations. I don't do much low flying, mostly high, between 300-400 feet, so I keep the antennas pointed out at an angle like I've seen on some yt videos is the proper way to do it. Is there a reason I should be getting a weak transmission signal error frequently even when I'm nowhere near max distance or height? I'm flying out in the middle of the country, nowhere near any buildings or things that should really be causing interference.

2) I know about the AFC (Auto Focus Continuous) setting, and I do not have that turned on, though I do have the Peak Focusing setting on "standard". On recent flights, the drone is having a momentary "blip" I'll call it, during flight, to re-focus. It's happening about every 3-4 seconds when I'm flying. Doesn't seem to be any particular type of maneuver that is causing it, nor whether I'm pointed at the ground or out a ways. Also, it doesn't show up nearly as noticeably on the video playback in the player as it looks like on my phone screen in the Go4 app. However, it is noticeable in the playback at times and is very annoying to me. Is there some other setting I need to check that has to do with focusing? It didn't do this from the start of when I got it, so I'm not sure what's happening right now?

3) Last thing is that the extreme left side of the picture when flying (from top of screen to bottom) is a bit blurry. The same spot on the right side is perfectly clear, but a bit blurry on the left. A lot of people might not notice, but I can see it and it's seriously bugging me. Some of my earlier videos from when I first got the drone about a month ago are clear from margin to margin, so I'm wondering what has caused it to start doing this. Any idea of things to check?

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98