DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wear glasses and pay too much?

DrPeppar

Reactions
I used to. I recently saw a show about how Luxottica basically owns the entire eye industry from grams to lenses to insurance to retailers. The whole game essentially and when I bought my last pair of frameless glasses and they cost as much as my iPhone I had to try something different.

I called Pearle and told them I was coming in to get a copy of my prescription, they said ok and I had it in 15 minutes.
I went to eyebuydirect.com and bought two pair of glasses identical in style to the ones I got at Pearle ( Luxottica) for 1/6th the price of the one pair. Same titanium, rimless scratchproof, UV protection and everything else.

If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend them. I just got mine in the mail today (Mavic Wednesday) and they are perfect.
If you have kids that wear glasses, you'd be silly to pay full Luxottica price, silly I say! You can get kids' glasses for $10!

Thought I'd pass it on

Reactions: dirkclod
Nice find .. I have used clearly.ca for a while too.. great pricing and quality.

Mm. Might bring my prescription over when I visit space camp next year

View media item 78
The pair in front was $60 the one in back was $650.
The difference is the one in back was brought to me by Luxottica.
I hope the guy that owns eyebuydirect and a few others doesn't get bought out by the evil Lux, that would be ironic

and the new ones weigh 1.5 grams more, the frames are just a hair thicker titanium.

Last edited:
Most likely the price difference could be......

funny-name-brand-imitation-fb__700.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54