DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weather (Wind) and Fun Tripod-Height Features?

Amarand

Reactions
It's getting a little windy here in the Midwest, and it made me wonder a few things:

1) What are folks using for hyper-local weather, especially wind? Should I get one of those weather stations and install it on my roof? Is there an app for my iPhone that'll get me most of the way there? Am I missing something in-app on the DJI GO app that tells me/warns me about wind/conditions?

2) I've been practicing flying in my backyard, which is always a good thing. I notice that the Mavic Air has some semi-autonomous features that seem fun BUT, I'm wondering how many of them will operate at human-height and stick around? My backyard isn't that big (30'x60') with trees. So, for example, it'd be nice to tell it to do a panorama, but at human-height, not jump up to 100 ft or whatever. If it jumps to even 40 feet, it's going to likely hit trees and die. Thoughts?

I use a free one from the met office but that's of no use to you as I am in the UK :rolleyes: I am sure the USA has something similar

I use UAVforcast and for up to the second weather I walk outside.

Also recommend you try the Cinematic and Tripod options. I especially like cinematic as it slows down response and results in great, smooth videos. Just send it up to whatever height you want and slowly yaw. I like it better than some of the preprogrammed options. Circle an object at a height, raise, lower, experiment.

John

Also recommend you try the Cinematic and Tripod options. I especially like cinematic as it slows down response and results in great, smooth videos. Just send it up to whatever height you want and slowly yaw. I like it better than some of the preprogrammed options. Circle an object at a height, raise, lower, experiment.

John

Awesome, thanks! Yeah, I'm just getting over the "I'm afraid of crashing this thing, OMG I need to practice" jitters, but I'm excited about some of the fun photographer and videographer things you can do. The gimbal is fantastic on this craft.

Reactions: naiku
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason