DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird gimbal issues mid flight

Threshold

Reactions
Does anyone else get gimbal issues mid flight in sports mode? When I'm in sports mode I can't adjust my gimbal pan without it freaking out and resetting. I also sometimes get a gimbal tilt malfunction when cranking forward in sports mode. It jolts the gimbal forward and causes the gimbal to reset, which the gimbal tries to re-align. I'm not sure if it has to do with my polar pro lenses? I did not calibrate my gimbal with them on. Is that something your supposed to do prior to flight?

If you leave the filter on it will auto calibrate on start up.

Does anyone else get gimbal issues mid flight in sports mode? When I'm in sports mode I can't adjust my gimbal pan without it freaking out and resetting. I also sometimes get a gimbal tilt malfunction when cranking forward in sports mode. It jolts the gimbal forward and causes the gimbal to reset, which the gimbal tries to re-align. I'm not sure if it has to do with my polar pro lenses? I did not calibrate my gimbal with them on. Is that something your supposed to do prior to flight?
Are they the Polar Pro ones that are chamfered to allow calibration at start with them in situ? If not then it may be the case that if they manage to foul in flight (If you are taking the drone to maximum forward speed in sport then you will be taking the final to it's upward limit.) If that happens it may be the cause of your issues. It all depends on what happens in the programming if there is resistance to the final moving where it wants to go.

Yes they are the new polar pros which allow gimbal calibration at startup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK