DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Welcome Image Gets A Bit Annoying

Yes, I can see how that would be annoying, which is why we only show it once every 30 days, assuming cookies are turned on and not deleted That popover is pretty critical for newsletter signups to drive users back to the site and continue to build community. I'll see if I can find another option. Maybe only show it for visitors who don't create an account.
Yes, it is EXTREMELY annoying, I get it every time I visit the site, which is usually to follow a link I'm interested in from the newsletter, that I am already subscribed to, AND whether I am logged in or not.

Reactions: SkyPath Studios
This is probably just a senior gripe but I really like the site and use it quite a bit. It has some really good information and a great group of members.

Is it necessary to show the family photo requesting your email every time I log in. I am a member and have no reason to see this screen. It would seem an 'easy' fix to check if member login as opposed to non member and block the image popping up if member.

So, is this just me? If so I will shut up and never bring it up again.

Thank you all,
Bob
3F32E3F9-4E79-49AA-8DFC-1453477B8E61.pngIs it this? Yes very annoying imo. It is always popping up while reading the forums and being logged in.

I have never gotten that popup either, over 5 years on this forum.

I get that pop-up every time I visit the site, only once and I am always logged in.

Here are some conditions for you as you work on this--
With MS Edge, Tracking protection off, signed in, cookies allowed, push notifications allowed, I Still get the welcome pop ups--sometimes after I have been on the site for a while.

It would be soooo good for the site to recognize frequent visitors and Premium members and not bug them.
I know you are looking into it, so Thanks.
Mike

Here are some conditions for you as you work on this--
With MS Edge, Tracking protection off, signed in, cookies allowed, push notifications allowed, I Still get the welcome pop ups--sometimes after I have been on the site for a while.

It would be soooo good for the site to recognize frequent visitors and Premium members and not bug them.
I know you are looking into it, so Thanks.
Mike
Have you tried Firefox and Chrome? I'm not seeing the issue with either.

It is actually the popover for the newsletter. It is designed to display once per 30 days. If you have cookies turned off then it may show more frequently. Message me if you need more info or having issues with it.

I'll see if I can bypass it for premium members as well....
I have the same problem..

Yes, an approach like that would work. Or, just check if member.
Thank you all for the responses.
hummmm... I have been a member for a good while... Not sure I have ever seen that.... I hope you get it sorted... I 'feel your pain'.

I get it over and over again with MS Edge, tracking protection off, cookies accepted from mavicpilots.com.

So far it is looking better with Firefox and NoScript blocking Googletagmanager.com and optmnstr.com

Huh. I've never seen that image.

I get it over and over again with MS Edge, tracking protection off, cookies accepted from mavicpilots.com.

So far it is looking better with Firefox and NoScript blocking Googletagmanager.com and optmnstr.com
OK, removed it for premium pilots so you shouldn't see it if you are logged in...

I'm on Firefox, never seen it that I can recall - I open links from the weekly update to read them.

It may be possible that I've bypassed it by setting my browser to block pop-ups.

OK, removed it for premium pilots so you shouldn't see it if you are logged in...
Are you implementing that across all the forums?

I don’t get the pop up all the time, but it comes up often. I’m on the forums several times a day and do not need an email synopsis of site activity.

Are you implementing that across all the forums?

I don’t get the pop up all the time, but it comes up often. I’m on the forums several times a day and do not need an email synopsis of site activity.
Not yet but will slowly roll it out to the remainder.

I get that pop-up when i go back with the browser function 'back'. You don't get the pop-up if you use the title of the forum to go back.
(That's my experience)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky