DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Welcome the first international drone pilot to the DSAR registry

Any commercial drone pilots who are willing to volunteer their services (especially those with experience/training in Search/Rescue are invited to join the DSAR Registry. The Registry is never published to maintain privacy and prevent SPAM.

If interested, submit a contact request on our web site.

Reactions: Dur8an Poison
We are pleased to welcome the first international drone pilot to the DSAR registry - Thomas Kruger who lives in South Africa and holds a 107 certificate from the U.S.

Must admit i didn't know us South Africans could hold a 107 down here. Please send me details and criteria of how to qualify for that from outside the US or do i have to do it on a trip to the US? Thanks. May i ask what area Thomas operates from as we down east coast in Durban. Presuming hes Gauteng area?

I'll have to let Thomas answer. The test center web site says "There are also many CATS Testing sites outside of the U.S." Many years ago, while living in the Philippines, I was able to take the written test for my FAA Private Pilot license at the U.S. Embassy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dur8an Poison
I'll have to let Thomas answer. The test center web site says "There are also many CATS Testing sites outside of the U.S." Many years ago, while living in the Philippines, I was able to take the written test for my FAA Private Pilot license at the U.S. Embassy.

Many thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada