DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well I did it..

A.O.

Reactions
So after the last Fly update to 1.2.2 and the disappointment that was, I've been leery to update anything concerned as to what might be there. BUT, I've been having a lot of (switched to ATTI mode) warnings while I'm fling and yesterday the AC disconnected from the RC and went to a RTH mode. The RTH worked flawlessly but I was about to fly into the woods as I like to do and if I had been in the woods at the time it would have ascended straight up into the trees!
So, also yesterday I decided to go ahead and update both the firmware on the bird, and to the new Fly app update as well. Took the props off , fired everything up, and did the firmware update in the kitchen.. all I had to do was check for updates and it said there was one and I did it. So then I went to update the Fly app and could not find a "check for updates" for the fly app anywhere, screwed around for a while then went to the apple store looked up DJI Fly App and there it was... UPDATE button.. So I updated that as well version 1.2.5 (don't remember the firmware number off the top of my head )
I have not flown it yet that will come later today, I'll report back with my findings..

Reactions: tlswift58
So after the last Fly update to 1.2.2 and the disappointment that was, I've been leery to update anything concerned as to what might be there. BUT, I've been having a lot of (switched to ATTI mode) warnings while I'm fling and yesterday the AC disconnected from the RC and went to a RTH mode. The RTH worked flawlessly but I was about to fly into the woods as I like to do and if I had been in the woods at the time it would have ascended straight up into the trees!
So, also yesterday I decided to go ahead and update both the firmware on the bird, and to the new Fly app update as well. Took the props off , fired everything up, and did the firmware update in the kitchen.. all I had to do was check for updates and it said there was one and I did it. So then I went to update the Fly app and could not find a "check for updates" for the fly app anywhere, screwed around for a while then went to the apple store looked up DJI Fly App and there it was... UPDATE button.. So I updated that as well version 1.2.5 (don't remember the firmware number off the top of my head )
I have not flown it yet that will come later today, I'll report back with my findings..
i did both updates the same a few days ago....so far no issues ??

Reactions: DavidT_ NZ
So I had a quick test run today, wasn't looking for new features yet, just to see if I lost the constant ATTI mode warning. I didn't have that problem but at one time I lost control of my camera gimbal.. it was just stuck wouldn't go up or down. After messing with it for a short bit I decided to bring it home... manually.. after turning and starting to head back it seemed to free up and continue to work ok. I'll try it again a bit later to see how it is.

Reactions: eaglesurfing
Will be watching for more info.

So I happened to open both my fly apps, one on my phone V-1.2.1 ? and on my iPad mini new version 1.2.5.. the app on my phone says I have an update for my controller, the new version on the iPad says no such thing. Hmmm, whats up with that?

I’ve had 4 flawless full batteries on the new firmware & software. No issues. Loving the new indicator. Points drone upwards permanently as per old one. Home point, north and controller move accordingly as it should be. The level indicator is cool.

So I happened to open both my fly apps, one on my phone V-1.2.1 ? and on my iPad mini new version 1.2.5.. the app on my phone says I have an update for my controller, the new version on the iPad says no such thing. Hmmm, whats up with that?

This is an Apple issue not DJI. Your iPad is a number of updates behind. Perhaps you have it set to not automatically update apps.

I’ve had 4 flawless full batteries on the new firmware & software. No issues. Loving the new indicator. Points drone upwards permanently as per old one. Home point, north and controller move accordingly as it should be. The level indicator is cool.

This is an Apple issue not DJI. Your iPad is a number of updates behind. Perhaps you have it set to not automatically update apps.
I'll have to look at the indicator I didn't check it as I've not used it since they ruined it in the last update!

And just why do you think my iPad is "a number of updates behind? And yes its set to update automatically

Since I'm an Android person - 1.2.4 has been fine; so I'd think 1.2.5 for Apple would be also. At least you can go to the Apple Store and get yours - us Android people have to go to DJI on the web and get ours for now. Think the update to the update on 1.2.4 would allow updating without the need to do that now - hope so.

Reactions: A.O.
Android users should not have to go anywhere anymore. Upgrades are now through the app.

i did both updates the same a few days ago....so far no issues ??
I updated last week as well. Have been flying with no problem(s) at all.

Reactions: MA2 317
Two things I have noticed... The Obstacle avoidance is different... brake mode only no "go around" or what ever they called it.
And It seems my RC to AC signal is weaker , several times in places I've flown to before it warns me of low signal.

And the Attitude indicator still looks like I'm looking in a toilet in flush cycle!:mad:

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan