DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well, Remote ID is at the doorstep.

Seems like a poor attempt to get more views on YOUR you tube channel. Just saying.

Why would you say poor attempt? Yes, it is me marketing my channel, as I have been doing for the past 3 years. At the same time, putting in hundreds of hours of work gathering data, calling people, DM'ing people, reading, watching, writing, recording, editing and responding. A paradigm shift can sometimes broaden one's perspective of how they think things work. I provide tremendous value to this community, and this is one of many ways I get the information to the greatest number of people. Ask anyone on this platform. So with respect sir, quit being rude and educate yourself on the process. Thank you.

Reactions: NoneTheWiser
I doubt your drone is powered on more than your phone though...huh? The thing is Remote ID isn't mandated and doesn't look to be in the near future for Drones as far as a transmission side. They merely have a RCV'r for the full size planes to alert of their presence. Seems like a bunch of hoopla over nothing. But I guess time will tell what the good ole FAA has in store for us. :)

No hoopla my friend. This will be mandated, and it will happen. Within 2 years.

Part 91 and 107 here. As we all know ADS-B in and out has been in effect since 1/1/20. The reality being if a GA pilot is flying within a mode C area the aircraft will self report its identity (tail number), immediate location, heading and speed, or it will NOT be allowed to operate there. And without a doubt retrofitting general aviation aircraft IS expensive.

I am being hopeful here, and that may not be warranted, but my sense is that private enterprise will step up with a very miniaturized programmable transponder in which we input the drone’s registration number and it will be easily attachable much like a Lume Cube strobe. Do I like this intrusion? No! And perhaps this is only a dream but if a drone’s position, speed and altitude are known to ATC it might just pave the eventual way for BVLOS, higher altitudes and pre-programmed missions with much less restrictions since since aircraft will have a greater sense of mutual self awareness.

Am I an advocate for more rules and regs? No! We are literally drowning in them. And while I don’t want to jump on the ‘defund everything band wagon’, I am beginning to empathize with the notion that MANY alphabet agencies are running OUT OF CONTROL and need to be brought to heel.

Last edited:
Well spoken,

Good to know there is an extra in the forum. I read the aarl tech book a while ago just to get familiarized with ham. Lots of good info in there even as an elementary book. And yes the FCC doesn't mess around after a warning. Just a little search shows that.

Extra Class Here also. Yes they are not going to implement this overnight. They are still l looking to award contracts to companies that are building and testing technologies that can help. Its a complicated matter that is going to take time. Its not like the law will go into place on December 1st when no one knows what they are requiring remote ID to be. Speculation will run rampant like the speculation on the next Mavic drone.

Reactions: Otisangb
Well spoken,

Good to know there is an extra in the forum. I read the aarl tech book a while ago just to get familiarized with ham. Lots of good info in there even as an elementary book. And yes the FCC doesn't mess around after a warning. Just a little search shows that.
There are at least two Extra class operators in the forum. And the old OO program is now the new VM program. Volunteer Monitor. 73

Reactions: Otisangb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143