DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well that's nice

William Ball

Reactions
Just went out to do the maiden (if you want to call it that) very windy so I decided to get it in a hover and do a very small circuit. As I was headed out 15 feet away I looked at the phone and it said "aircraft disconnected" Screen was frozen. I looked at the controller and saw I had a good connection so i brought it back and landed it. I quit the app and restarted the app. Nothing changed. I powered everything down and restarted the app, turned on the controller, turned on the MP and it was hooked back up again. I tested it very little because of the wind but it didn't disconnect that time, and seemed ok. I just updated to 0400 last night. I had no prior history with the MP because it is brand new. I have deleted the go4 app and just reinstalled it. Haven't tested that yet. Any thought from those who have been there?

What phone or tablet are you using? Is the cable and connection solid?

I usually use an iPhone X with my MP and I’ve only had two issues with go4, both were video freezing, while telemetry data remained on-screen. The first time MP was only 50’ away and 20’ up and of course landed without issue. Restarting go4 fixed issue without ever shutting down MP. Second time MP was nearly over 3/4 mile away and accross a river, into another state actually. I didn’t want to risk restarting go4 so I just pointed it towards home using heading indicator, map in go4, and VLOS. Once safely on the ground restarting go4 restored the video feed.

Mike

Could be a number of things. If Android, you'll tend to have issues with permissions on the USB. Could be a different cable will help. In my experience it's almost never the GO 4 (I'm on Android) but cable problems or (earlier) interference from co-running apps, phone WiFi/Bluetooth/Cellular transmissions effing things up. Start with a different cable, try one that fits the USB-A plug, make sure your device is in airplane mode and that GO 4 is the only app running that may want access to the USB. If you've got another device you can give that a try too.

Thanks
What phone or tablet are you using? Is the cable and connection solid?

I usually use an iPhone X with my MP and I’ve only had two issues with go4, both were video freezing, while telemetry data remained on-screen. The first time MP was only 50’ away and 20’ up and of course landed without issue. Restarting go4 fixed issue without ever shutting down MP. Second time MP was nearly over 3/4 mile away and accross a river, into another state actually. I didn’t want to risk restarting go4 so I just pointed it towards home using heading indicator, map in go4, and VLOS. Once safely on the ground restarting go4 restored the video feed.

Mike
I am using the samsung S5, I have a ipad air 2 that I'll try tomorrow. I never had a problem with my phantom 3 Ad. on the ipad air, but I was just running Dji go. Not Go4.

Could be a number of things. If Android, you'll tend to have issues with permissions on the USB. Could be a different cable will help. In my experience it's almost never the GO 4 (I'm on Android) but cable problems or (earlier) interference from co-running apps, phone WiFi/Bluetooth/Cellular transmissions effing things up. Start with a different cable, try one that fits the USB-A plug, make sure your device is in airplane mode and that GO 4 is the only app running that may want access to the USB. If you've got another device you can give that a try too.
I'll turn off Bluetooth, and wifi. Make sure all other apps have been closed. The cable is the one that came with the MP hooking up on the side of the controller. I'll keep you posted. I have an Ipad air 2 that I'll try tomorrow. Problem with the air 2 is it harshes the portability aspect of the Mavic. I guess I'll have to spring for a mini

Cable, that is the culprit. The micro usb on the end of that cable DJI supplies is sub par. It is loose in my s5 and my son's s7. He and I went out and tried both phones, both disconnected. My son said "dad, it's the cable" he showed me how it wiggled around and he was able to recreate the disconnect by slightly, and I mean slightly moving the cable while the phone was in the controller handles. We got out the cable that came with his s7 and hooked up the phone in the bottom port of the controller, unhooked and disconnected the side cable from DJI. Problem solved, no disconnection at all. MadValley was right on this as the culprit too. Thanks. Hope this helps others who are having this problem.

I took the little rectangular frame doodad out so that the cable wasn't forced at some angle into the phone. That and using airplane mode on the phone seems to have eliminated most of the problems I was having. I think airplane mode eliminated interference messages and removing the holder eliminated my disconnects.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datkin